All reviewslondon roadswimming poolhealth clubpark and ridesteam room and saunanice poolbit datedreception staffplenty of parkingleisure facilitiesbar areaan upgraderoom was clean and comfortablewalk in showerstayed for one nighttea and coffeeevening meal
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had an excellent stay at this hotel - Staff were very friendly and helpful - rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. We also used the pool while we were there and found it to be well kept and a nice temperature. We also enjoyed the evening meals and breakfasts. We found this hotel very good value for money and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Raymondo644,

Many thanks for the really great reviews !! Wow - 5 stars !! Thank-you.

I am pleased you had such an enjoyable stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 23, 2014

there are great holiday inns and there are ok holidays inns this is definetley just an ok one...its all a bit tired.the shower was weak....the corridors need decorating...the bar food was bland. instead of bread and BUTTER as advertised with the warm fish and chips i had bread and MARGERINE... when i asked the waitress why she said sorry...and walked off....on the good side...the room was spotlessly clean...comfy bed...pool was warm...receptionist was smiley and welcoming...cooked breakfast was very good....would i stay here again...yes probably...but i wouldnt have the fish and chips....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear paul t,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Good location with easy access to Town Centre. Clean, modern and spacious rooms. Didn't use pool or gym but they looked clean and well equipped. Staff we're very helpful and friendly. Comfortable Bar and Restaurant areas, nice atmosphere. I got a late deal so very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Helen R,

Many thanks for the great review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back.
Remember, you get the best price guarantee by booking direct !!

Thank-you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Arrived here after a long drive from Scotland. the staff on the front desk were very nice and helpful. As a platinum member I was disappointed to be given a paper bag with a mars bars and additional toiletries - the slippers are about a size 4. Disappointed I didn't get an upgrade as the room I did get was pokey and I couldn't close the bathroom door until I was practically sitting on the toilet.

Had a business meeting in the bar area and was disappointed to find teas and coffees are a Starbuck's franchise - we get enough of this product saturation travelling on the motorway.

The hotel is remote from Ipswich and getting into to town is a bit of an adventure if driving.

Will stay again when on business but not if I had me family with me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Salmo01,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry you were disappointed you did not get upgraded. As you are aware, we do upgrade our Platinum members if we have availability, and this was not available during your stay. The slippers, water, and chocolate bar are offered to try to offer you some additional benefits in light of this.

Unfortunately all the bathrooms in the hotel are the same size, and while we can not do too much about the size f the bathrooms, we do try to ensure they are well kept, immaculate, and that service is great.

Thank-you again for your feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed there week before last on DBB with free cups of tea (not sure where you got them from). Check in took ages, room was freezing and for an executive room it was miles from reception so didn't need to go to gym as the walk to and from the room was enough exercise. Bathrooms tiny. Chose to have dinner in restaurant as bar area was busy and noisy with Football and thought it would be nicer to have 3 course waitress service in nice restaurant - Ordered pate....came in a jam jar (nice touch) however it came with dry salad, no dressing and that was it....no toast or any sort of chutney to eat with the pate just had to eat it as if it were a desert. Steak was good for main. Still have 1980's candles on tables which are quite dangerous especially when you forget about them and you a. burn your hand b. melt you headphones from Iphone. Oh and 2 other guests complained about similar issue one guys IPAD case had a nice hole burnt into it. Sweet was nice if it had been fresh instead it had obviously been served up on a plate then placed in fridge earlier that day then some chocolate sauce lines squirted on plate to make it look fancy....Chocolate sauce on a fruit topped cheese cake?? That's a first for me. Asked for cup of tea...they got that right. Back to my room which was still cold but late on and really couldn't be bothered to walk all way back down to reception and then move all of my stuff. 3am....woke up as room was like a sauna and couldn't get back to sleep. Ordered breakfast around 7ish quite slices of bacon with poached eggs, mushrooms and two slices of bread cup of tea and fresh orange and Weetabix/milk...after 20 mins it turned up, went to lift cover which was freezing cold and found food was freezing underneath...maybe they kept the breakfasts with cheesecake in the fridge? Rang down and told room service who were apologetic. Put phone down, thought I would sit and drink my tea....oh no, that was cold as well. So rang down within a minute or two and asked if they could bring a fresh pot of tea....yes no problem. 15 mins later food arrived piping hot....I mentioned "presume the message about the pot of tea didn't get through to you in that 15 mins?" ....response "no sorry it didn't" with extended dialogue about how the food and cup of tea was hot when it left the kitchen but then mentioned "ah I think we forgot to put the food on to a hot plate" yes that would be wise with the distance you have to travel with the tray. Amazing that they did something right second time around as the food was hot and when the pot of tea arrived it was hot also.

Had also taken advantage of the free wifi which is advertised on the Holiday in website...ahh but it isn't free as I found when I got to reception as apparently this is not rolled out in all hotels around world and apparently its in the small print. As I explained to the unhelpful lady on reception in the morning on check out I could have easily used my own hotspot for free it was just convenience that I believed it was free so just used it. took a lot of hassling for her to finally state they would remove it.

Didn't get chance to speak to Paul the GM as was told he was out for a couple of days. So took advantage of the feedback questionnaire and clicked on the option "would you like someone from the hotel to contact you about this" ....as yet nobody has responded so presume it is the norm and they are not really bothered about business clients.

Anyway, I was due back there next week but I think the Ramada will be getting our business from now on.

Advice...if your put miles away, don't order room service. Food: take fire retardant gloves for the restaurant then take candle back to room to heat it.

Nice touch was the free bottle of water and mars bar...not sure if it was worth the extra money just for that. Stay in hotels all the time and got to admit this wasn't the best experience....I know you should give people a second chance but not sure in this case

Paul T

1  Thank P T

Dear Mr Tute,

As you are aware, I provide all my guests with my personal contact details at check-in, by way of e-mail and my personal mobile phone. It is disappointing that you chose not to contact me during your stay to enable us to help you.

It is also disappointing that you declined the help of the Front Office Manager when you were checking out. My team are fully empowered to resolve any issues which guests have during their stay, and while you felt you needed to advise the IHG Head Office of your experience, I can assure that the hotel team, myself included can resolve any guest issues.

Since 2005 only 5 other guests have chosen to rate us as a 1 star. I am fully accepting of your personal viewpoint, but I do not feel your rating is representative of the hotel, and is out of line with the other 226 reviews which have been posted which are not rated as a 1. I have also taken into consideration that this is your first review.

Please personally call me (you have my phone number) with any issues, should you choose to stay with us again.

Thank-you