Had a recent stay at the Hol Inn Ipswich which, overall, was very nice. Had a horrendous journey in the rain to get there and was nicely cheered by the warm and friendly welcome at reception. The room was fine - typical Hol Inn standard. (I'm a Priority Club member so stay in them a lot). The only problems were that, despite being a non-smoking room, there was a distinct smell of smoke in the room and bathroom - I think that there may be some shared aircon? The other issue was a missing remote for the TV. (More of which later!) Met a colleague in the bar are which was nice and cosy and we had a meal in the restaurant - a bit chilly in there I have to say but the 'pork belly' I had was excellent and the service was good! (Ok, there was a dirty wine glass but this was quickly changed). Re. the TV, I'd mentioned this just before the meal to reception and the receptionist kindly found me another so I carried that around for the evening! Problem was, when I got back to the room it didn't work. It was a bit late by then so I wasn't that bothered overall but I would have liked to watch some TV before turning in for the night. And in the morning before breakfast. Anyway, I did mention it when checking out - and the receptionist promptly credited me with some Priority Points on my account. Unexpected and very welcome so may thanks Holiday Inn Ipswich!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated just off the A12/A14 interchange, this Ipswich hotel is only 4 miles from Ipswich Town Centre and Ipswich Football Club. Close to all amenities and a perfect base for visiting East Anglia, including the Suffolk beaches at Felixstowe & Aldeburgh, Constable Country & Dedham. A relaxed, informal hotel, ideal for business close to Adastral Park, or pleasure, together with a welcoming atmosphere will ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel has 108 guest bedrooms, all with air-conditioning & wireless high speed internet access. All of our bedrooms are non smoking - we have 20 Executive rooms, a selection of Family guest rooms and inter-connecting rooms. Our guests can also make use of the ample free car parking on site. Guests can enjoy dining and relaxing in the restaurant with an extensive choice off the A la Carte Menu or one of our Chef's Specials, and a bar which offers a wide range of refreshments, lighter meals and snacks. Kids also Stay & Eat Free*. The Spirit Health and Fitness Club boasts a fully equipped gym, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and Beauty Rituals beauty therapist. The hotel has 8 conference rooms and we can accommodate one to one interviews, or up to 120 delegates theatre style. We offer competitive 24hr rates and Day Delegate packages. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Suffolk