“No problems”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
ipswich
“No problems”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed overnight attending a Christmas meal, Had no problems would stay again, very comfortable bed, nice breakfast and friendly staff. Would have no problem recommending. Hotel is situated on outskirts of town so car would be handy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taibhreamh
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear taibhreamh,

Many thanks for your review, and great comments. We do try very hard here to ensure that all our guests have a great stay, so I am pleased this was the case for yourself.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Paul Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is the second time I stay at the Holiday Inn Ipswich. We went there this time to visit friends and relatives in the area and we stayed for one night.

In summary, the service was great, the room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good, with a selection of cereals. cooked breakfast and freshly made pancakes!

We did not use any of the Swimming and Spa facilities.

The hotel itself is a little bit tired and could do with a refurbishment, but for the the location, services, food and facilities, it is great value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pessutojr,

Many thanks for posting such a great review. I am pleased you had a great stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one Saturday night. We chose this hotel purely for the price, proximity to A14 for quick getaway next day and free parking. It's a taxi ride into town and back but reception were happy enough to call one for us, don't expect much change from £20 return for this. For what I paid for the hotel we were happy enough, however the room was quite small and anything more than a day or two would have probably resulted in us finding it very irritating. Our room was on the top floor of an annex and as far as I could see this is not serviced by a lift although this wasn't an issue for us. The facilities are great and the pool seemed popular, some of the corridors looked a little tired and some doors looked like they belonged in the 70s, on a plus side, the breakfast was fantastic with a good range of cold and warm products. Prepay and get a breakfast voucher to reduce the price. All in all a good hotel if you can find a discount, but at the standard rate, you will find better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fatboyfoo,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

While we can't change the age of the building, we do all try to deliver great service. I am pleased you enjoyed the service, and our great breakfast.

When returning, I would always encourage you to book direct, or use our IHG app, as we guarantee the best price.

Thank-you again for your review.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on business and always found the staff polite, engaging and informed; from stepping into reception through to departure.

Rooms are the typical HI style, but I prefer to know what I'm getting. Clean, tidy and modern layout and fittings in the room. The wider hotel could do with an exterior facelift but thankfully the outside and inside have no resemblance too each other.

The pool and fitness area are small but clean and tidy. The bar was ok, limited meal choices and is the only place to get wireless access.

All in all, a pleasant experience and i will return when next in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Teamwithers,

Many thanks for posting your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

I appreciate your comments about wifi. We do have wi-fi throughout the hotel, which is complimentary for Gold and Platinum IHG Rewards Members, and this benefit will extend to all IHG Rewards members in May 2014.

Thank-you again for your review.

Kind Regards

Sheffeld
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I found a good deal for this hotel on tripadvisor. I was looking for a room for 3 for an overnight stay before getting the ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland.
I also wanted to try an alternative to Premier Inn.
There are not many hotels that will take 3 adults (adults as in parents & teenage daughter).
The initial quoted price was £51 for the room. A supplement of £25 is added for the extra person.
On arrival the staff were very professional & helpful.
The room was of a good standard however it was not really a suite for 3 people.
It had a nice big TV with additional movies etc. A movie cost £7.50. This is handy when you have kids to entertain.
I was disappointed with the extra bed which was a mattress on the floor not a converted sofa bed. Especially when the cost was a third of the total cost of the room.
The hotel does have a gym & a pool.
The Hotel was very clean although it does seem a bit dated.
We did not eat in the restaurant one of the reason it was a it cold in the bar area.

Overall it was a great deal for 2 people but not as good for 3.
I needed Wi-Fi to get details of the place on Holland I was staying in. But Holiday Inn charge £5 per hour which in this day & age is pure extortion.

For the price Breakfast was decent enough

I paid I was happy with the hotel. If I had paid the quoted rate of £154 I would have been very unhappy.

Holiday Inn still have not convinced me that they are an alternative to the Premier Inn unless the rate is competitive.
But then again £51 for a couple was not bad at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Thenails,

Thank-you for your review, and I am pleased you were able to make use of the hotel as a stopover for Harwich.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your third bed. Our range of sofa beds do vary from conventional sofa beds, to trundle beds, which are stored underneath the sofa. This is what you would have had for your third bed.

I appreciate the great feedback, and we will look forward to you staying with us again when you are next going to Harwich.

As for booking - by booking direct on our website, we guarantee the best price.

Thank-you again.

Paul Smit
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A nice hotel. I find that weekends are the best time for me. The place is not too busy then and one can relax in the pool as it's not crowded. I would have hoped for free WI-FI before now in all rooms. A pity really as in this day and age it's usually now expected. Breakfast was the usual help yourself buffet style, but was well cooked and wholesome. All the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Book via Booking.com as you get breakfast as part of the deal. If you book with Holiday Inn direct...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reflexman,

Thank-you so much for such a great rating........when we receive 5* ratings such as yours, it makes all our hard work really worthwhile.

I am sorry about the wi-fi charge. As from around May next year, if you join IHG Rewards (our free to join loyalty program), you can enjoy free wi-fi across the hotel.

We will look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Thank-you again.

Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel was good and amenities excellent. Staff were very friendly.
However if you want wi-fi the cost is £5 per hour in your hotel room. Available for IHG reward card holders in the lounge. In to-days technology I would have expected free wi-fi across the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear John R,

Thank-you for your review, and your 5 star rating - wow, the team will be very pleased.

As you are aware, currently only Gold and Platinum IHG Rewards Members enjoy free wi-fi throughout the hotel, however I am pleased to say that as from May next year, all IHG Rewards members will enjoy.

IHG Rewards is free to join, so I hope we can welcome you back in the future, and offer you this benefit.

Many thanks again for your review.

Regards

Paul Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
pentahotel Ipswich
Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel
Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Best Western Ipswich hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Ipswich? Share your experiences!