Spent 3 nights on a dinner/bed and breakfast rate. Great value for money having booked direct with the Holiday Inn website. Room more spacious that we thought it would be - queen bed and sofabed for our daughter. As previous reviewers have mentioned the bathroom is rather small, but for how long you spend in there it wasn't really an issue for us. Tea/Coffee making facilities (but no fridge which would have been nice to keep drinks cool), trouser press, large flatscreen tv and air conditioning (which was welcoming as we had hot weather throughout our stay). There was a nice pool with spa, steam and sauna, which was lovely to end the day in. Breakfast on two mornings was full buffet, and the other morning when the restaurant was quiet was cooked to order. Nice choice of cold fruits/cereals/cold meats and cheeses/full fried breakfast and toast/croissants/danish/pancake machine. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely - we thought it was buffet (but this was only for the coach party staying) you get to choose from the menu with items marked with an S. There was prawn cocktail/soup of day/cheese topped mushrooms and smoked salmon tart for starter. For main was sausages & mash/two different burgers/chicken kebabs/coronation chicken and one vegetarian meal. For dessert chocolate nemesis/ice cream/caramel apple granny or cherry bakewell cheesecake. All food was nicely presented and tasted lovely. In the lounge area there was a Starbucks (much to my daughter's delight) and free wifi (although 2 out of 3 nights we had trouble getting it). Hotel was ideally situated about 10 minutes from Ipswich town centre, 15 minutes from Flatford Mill/Dedham (great for a lovely walk or boat down the river) and 40 minutes from the lovely coastal resort of Southwold. Great stay and all staff were friendly and welcoming throughout our stay. Would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated just off the A12/A14 interchange, this Ipswich hotel is only 4 miles from Ipswich Town Centre and Ipswich Football Club. Close to all amenities and a perfect base for visiting East Anglia, including the Suffolk beaches at Felixstowe & Aldeburgh, Constable Country & Dedham. A relaxed, informal hotel, ideal for business close to Adastral Park, or pleasure, together with a welcoming atmosphere will ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel has 108 guest bedrooms, all with air-conditioning & wireless high speed internet access. All of our bedrooms are non smoking - we have 20 Executive rooms, a selection of Family guest rooms and inter-connecting rooms. Our guests can also make use of the ample free car parking on site. Guests can enjoy dining and relaxing in the restaurant with an extensive choice off the A la Carte Menu or one of our Chef's Specials, and a bar which offers a wide range of refreshments, lighter meals and snacks. Kids also Stay & Eat Free*. The Spirit Health and Fitness Club boasts a fully equipped gym, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and Beauty Rituals beauty therapist. The hotel has 8 conference rooms and we can accommodate one to one interviews, or up to 120 delegates theatre style. We offer competitive 24hr rates and Day Delegate packages. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Suffolk