I stayed here with my husband as it was convenient for an event we were attending at Hintlesham Hall (and obviously a lot cheaper). It's well situated for Ipswich Town Centre and access to the A12/A14. It's located on the main road into Ipswich from London just past Toys R Us and Tesco. It's also a good location for visiting the Suffolk countryside as Lavenham, Long Melford, Kersey and Clare are all easy to drive to from here with lovely country roads to drive down. We got a good rate via Late Rooms. We arrived around 5pm and were given an upgrade to an executive room, which basically meant a bigger room. The room was clean and decor on a par with Premier Inn (but with more toiletries and softer towels). The bed was comfortable with a choice of different pillows. The bathroom was small, but adequate. The shower was hot and had enough power. We were located in room 162 which was a way from the reception, however this meant it was also quiet. The room overlooked fields out the back and was light and airy. We didn't have breakfast or any food in the evening, but the bar area is fine, albeit with a dubious 'tudor' theme (the Holiday Inn is a very 70's functional building and they would have been better off going with a retro 70's theme). Service was polite and attentive. Stay here if you want a no-fuss, convenient stay over in Ipswich or a cheap stay to visit the lovely Suffolk countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated just off the A12/A14 interchange, this Ipswich hotel is only 4 miles from Ipswich Town Centre and Ipswich Football Club. Close to all amenities and a perfect base for visiting East Anglia, including the Suffolk beaches at Felixstowe & Aldeburgh, Constable Country & Dedham. A relaxed, informal hotel, ideal for business close to Adastral Park, or pleasure, together with a welcoming atmosphere will ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel has 108 guest bedrooms, all with air-conditioning & wireless high speed internet access. All of our bedrooms are non smoking - we have 20 Executive rooms, a selection of Family guest rooms and inter-connecting rooms. Our guests can also make use of the ample free car parking on site. Guests can enjoy dining and relaxing in the restaurant with an extensive choice off the A la Carte Menu or one of our Chef's Specials, and a bar which offers a wide range of refreshments, lighter meals and snacks. Kids also Stay & Eat Free*. The Spirit Health and Fitness Club boasts a fully equipped gym, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and Beauty Rituals beauty therapist. The hotel has 8 conference rooms and we can accommodate one to one interviews, or up to 120 delegates theatre style. We offer competitive 24hr rates and Day Delegate packages. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich Suffolk