“Very helpful staff, very pleasant comfortable rooms”

Holiday Inn Ipswich
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were a family party having booked 7 rooms for 2 nights. The rooms are very comfortable and pleasant. The staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast was good and the waitress with short grey hair in the restaurant was super, kind, friendly and helpful even under pressure on a very busy Sunday morning. Although we booked about a month in advance with Priority Booking we paid £20 per room per night MORE than we would have done if we had just booked on line a day or two before we came. The WiFi is the most expensive I have ever come across! £5 per hour or £16 for 24 hours!! Even if you upgrade to an Executive Suite, which misleadingly tells you it includes free WiFi, this actually only includes ONE HOUR free. If you use more you will be charged for all the hours you use. So BEWARE, you internet use could cost you more that your stay. The gym and pool is a nice bonus. I had a massage for an hour which was a good price but frankly was one of the poorest massages I have ever had. I wouldn't other with it at all. If you need to use the internet in your room, don't stay here. Otherwise it is really good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Carolexis,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our great staff, great rooms, great breakfast, and great pool / gym.

I understand your feedback about wifi charges. As from July, I am pleased to say that all Gold and Platinum Priority Club Members will enjoy free unlimited wifi across the hotel, and as from January, this will be available to all Priority Club members.

I note all your points you have posted, and I do hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Ipswich again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Use holiday inns a lot whilst travelling with work. Have to say this isn't the best I've stayed in. Decor in the corridors and rooms is tired. My toilet ran all night. Breakfast was very, vey expensive £15 and the quality wasn't fantastic. On the plus side the gym is good. Not sure I'd stay again.

Dear Steve W,

Many thanks for posting your comments about your recent stay.

I apologise about the toilet running all night, if you message me back with your booking details, I will ensure this is looked into.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Ipswich.

Many thanks

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very pleasant hotel. Stayed one night on business and cannot fault anything. Reception staff helpful and polite, and once again room service staff allowed me to order something that was not on the room service menu. Dinner was very good. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Katiebrighton,

Many thanks for your comments. I really appreciate you posting such great feedback about your stay, and we will all look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Ipswich again soon.

Thank-you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night in May and was very impressed. I was greeted at the check in desk by a charming girl called Jade who was extremely helpful. I was also offered a complimentry glass of wine at check which was a very nice touch. The room was very clean, comfortable and a good size. Room service were very polite and quick. The hotel has a big car park with plenty of space and is very easy for the A14 and A12. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Clemmie1,

Many thanks for posting such great comments about the team here at the Holiday Inn Ipswich, I will be sure to pass on your comments to this you mention in particular.

I was pleased you liked your room, and enjoyed rooms service.

We do try very hard to ensure all of our guests have a great stay, so I am pleased we succeeded for you.

Many thanks again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't stress enough how friendly the staff was in this hotel.

It was easy to find, located very close to a huge Tesco. Lots of parking spaces available.

We were made to feel very welcome by Emily in the front desk, she's a star and dealt really well with our requests, always smiling. She offered us a glass of wine.

The room was at the very end of a corridor (great!) with a large with a huge TV, good bed, quality linens and some extras, but the furniture looked a bit rough and tired. Even though it was located by the motorway, there was minimal outside noise from the room on the ground floor. I loved the wooden screen to make the room dark.

The bathroom was rather small and could do with an update, but clean and with enough toiletries.

Breakfast was delicious, but the best part was the great service from the staff, Rachel was very good with her customers and a pleasure to talk to.

The bar area is nice, free wifi for Priority Club members.

The Leisure centre was ok, could do with a good deep clean,and some hospitality tips from the front desk.

This was a good value for money choice, not really luxurious but it makes up for it with great service, good food and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avs75

Dear AVS75,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased you had a great welcome to the hotel - I will be sure to share your comments with the staff members concerned.

I certainly have a great team here at the Holiday Inn Ipswich, and we will all look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights a lovely room. Breakfast was very good, high quality products. We find all Holiday Inns very good and reliable,never been disappointed yet.
The Area was semi rural and well kept

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margaret-oxon

Dear Margaretsalkeld,

Thank-you so much for posting such great comments about your stay.

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we will look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in Ipswich.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here on business with a group of 20+ and it was ok. My first impression at the desk was not so good when I was told that my evening meal was limited to £20.00. I still don't know why they said that however they did have an offer on for two courses and two drinks for £20.00 which I think she was getting confused over. Anyway I am glad they put us off as three of us went 10minutes down the road and had a fantastic meal at the Beagle.
The next night we ate as a group at the hotel and at best it was mediocre. I had chicken which was dry and served with some sort of chipped potato but no veg and I had mackerel sort of deep fried with mayo for starters which was ok.
My room was ok with two large singles, the bathroom was very small but ok and the room was generally clean however the fridge was discusting and I mentioned this at reception on departure and they didn't bother to note it but said they were due to be replaced. No excuse for not cleaning it.
I didn't go in the pool but it looked a good size and a colleague said she enjoyed her swim.
I would not bother to stay again as I prefere the Best Weston in Aldeburgh.

Room Tip: No real views not ground floor for security