“Friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Ipswich
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Friendly, efficient welcome at check-in and check-out. We were only staying overnight but had all the information we needed given to us at check-in. Long corridors to get to the rooms, but you can access different areas of the hotel from different car parks which makes easier for getting in and out. Nice size family room, with a fridge. Nicer towels would have been better and maybe a little bit cleaner in the bathroom, but otherwise a nice room at a good price in a friendly environment. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Jo G,

Thank-you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

I am very proud of my team here at Ipswich, and I am pleased that they ensured you had a great stay. I appreciate all the points you raised in your review, and I will be sure follow them up.

Thank-you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here for 3 weeks - 2 more to go. I am here on business.
Would I recommend this Hotel to others? Yes, definately.Rooms are spacious, modern, clean, comfy beds and pillows, modern flat screen TV.Cleaned every day to a high standard.
Good well equipped (and clean) gym, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.
Close to the A14, main routes into Ipswich. Good pub around the corner called The Beagle which sells real ale.But to be honest I have eaten and drank in the Hotel Bar most nights.
Food is top end - they have a full restaurant menu if you want to sit and eat steak etc but the bar serves great top end pub food which is inexpensive. Some unsual dishes as well inc The Chip Shop Taster , Gourmet Burgers and The best of british.
Staff in the bar (Ana , Nevena who work there) are professional, attentive, v friendly and make you feel v welcome. Nothing is too much trouble. They have the footy in the bar area (when it is on).
Reception staff are great - nothing is too much trouble for them and they are friendly, well dressed and professional.
I had trouble with the Wi Fi and wanted some docs printing - they bent over backwards to help me (Jade, Christina and Emily have helped me a lot over the past few weeks) . The staff all get on etc and are friendly and 'genuinely appear to enjoy working at the Hotel'.
Some nice touches at the Hotel as well - fresh fruit and french bread for breakfast and a 'pancake machine; where you can make your own pancakes - if you are a big kid like me!
Breakfast is excellent - - good selection of cereals, granola, breads, cooked breakfast with 'good quality sausage' and black pudding etc. Omelettes made to order if you want them.Wi Fi signal is good - even in the rooms - important for checking your emails etc Overall I would rate it 10/10 -

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Gary B,

Many thanks for posting this great review, and similarly taking the time to offer me this great feedback while you were here.

I will ensure the whole team, but in particular those you mention are recognised for making your stay really great.

You have my e-mail and phone number, so please do let me know if there is ever anything else we can do better here at the Holiday Inn Ipswich.

Thank-you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

we stayed at the holiday in for the weekend, the room was comfortable the staff were plesant
breakfast was varied with fresh fruit, cereals and also cooked food, all of it was fresh and well cooked. We also stayed for sunday lunch and the roast potatoes were excelent with the rest of the meal. the price was good as well £53.00 per room per night plus £9.00 for breakfast would highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Fiona,

Many thanks for your great review. I was pleased you enjoyed our breakfast. We have in fact recently made our breakfast even better, with our new pancake machine, so I hope you get the opportunity to come back to visit again when you are next in Ipswich.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very average hotel. Have stayed in holiday inns a few times now but think i will move on. The staff are all very smart but lacking in personality. Only ate once in hotel, - never again. Had the panko prawns that were clearly frozen and the 3 sausage and mash. bit boring and over priced. Bar tables not cleaned and every now and then in the bar area staff would should "Micros down again!" - not very relaxing .

But have to say it does the job if you want a drink, bed and away. However be warned they charge for internet. Was sitting in bar hoping to do some work when i was shocked that there was no free wi-fi!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Toby H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Toby H,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I apologize for your overall dissatisfaction during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay regularly on business. Best in area within price point. Well located for road access. Good parking too.

Managed to find good running routes on the doorstep. Staff great. Room great. Food is very acceptable .

Good place.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear tywitops,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Ipswich. I was pleased you had a great stay, and that you found time enjoy the surrounding area on your runs.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in January to celebrate our engagement. We had a fantastic stay, facilities were clean and not overcrowded, staff were friendly and helpful and the food was wonderful. We had the package to include dinner and breakfast and to have use of the gym/pool/jacuzzi/steam room and sauna are massive perks. We are staying here again tonight as a birthday treat and I hope it is as enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013
Paul S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Georgebuscall,

Many thanks for your review, and your great comments about your stay here at the Holiday Inn. It's really great to receive such fantastic feedback as yours. I will be sure to share it with the team.

We will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ipswich.

Regards

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here on business, staff very welcoming and room comfortable. Downside gym changing area very cramped and dirty, but gym itself adequate. I had the buffet curry in restaurant which less than great, but met requirements after a long journey. I notified the hotel about an issue with my room but have yet to received a response - if you like being woken up at 530 am by heating pipes this is the hotel for you. Breakfast was OK, but half the food was not available. It wasn't replenished being buffet style - either have a buffet breakfast that is available or cook to order! Charging for wifi puts at least an additional 10% on your bill depending on your rate - a cheap shot.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dowty,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Ipswich. I was pleased that the staff were welcoming, but of course concerned that other aspects of your stay were disappointing. Please be sure I will be looking into the issues you raised.

If you could contact the hotel with your booking details, I would be happy to look into your previous correspondence on this matter.

Thank-you again for taking the time to post your review, and we will look forward to welcoming you back here again the next time you are in Ipswich.

Kind regards