“An indifferent Cafe close to the Travelodge”
Review of Little Chef

Little Chef
Ranked #360 of 462 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: British
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This rather run-down Little Chef had the standard menu and seemed to be staffed entirely by cheerful but barely competent young men.
The tables were almost clean and the food arrived irregularly - some successive dishes arrived simultaneously.
The (male) toilets needed refurbishment.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Where do I start?
Untidy restaurant, tables piled high with dirty plates/food etc. - some were in that state for the whole of our visit which, trust me, was far too long for my liking.
One menu between four with no others offered.
Extremely slow service. We had finished our drinks well before any food arrived. We had been warned there would be a 20 minute wait which was fine, except it was more like 40-45 minutes.
Flustered staff, who told us they were short-staffed.
When we went to pay there was no bill so we had to repeat what we had eaten and drunk at the till.(We could have said anything couldn't we?)
And the toilets?? Oh my goodness, I have rarely been in toilets like these! Doors that wouldn't lock, toilets that wouldn't flush, no toilet paper in the three cubicles I tried, rubbish everywhere - just appalling. My husband tells me that the gents was much the same.
I complained to the staff before leaving but, judging by other reviews on here, this was not an unusual day.
The one plus point was that the food, when it finally arrived, was good..

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place does not even deserve 1 star! We stayed at the travelodge nextdoor and popped into little chef for a quick breakfast before a wedding. Firstly we walked in at approximately 9.25am and the tables were full of crockery food and cutlery but no one sat down at the tables. We found a table which of course had crockery all over it because they all did. of course we assumed someone would come over, apologies and clear the table.. oh how mistaken we were! I sat there for 15 minutes in all this mess with my partner and 2 other couples, in the end I had enough at starring at the mess so I got up picked it all up and brought it to the counter where the waiting staff were stood around chatting. of course you would have thought they would have stopped talking, apologised and help, no way they looked at me and just carried on! It took me 4 journeys to the counter to clear the whole table! Finally i sat back down and waited and waited and waited. At this point it was nearing 10am and we had been in there 35 minutes and no one had even acknoledged us. i decided to go up to the till where I noticed people were paying to place the order, I was told to sit back down and they had other tables to serve first and they will come to us soon! How Ridiculous! So at 10.10am we were finally seen to,. We made our order and waited a further 40 minutes for a bacon sandwich to arrive! This place should be shut down I have never seen such appaling service! I would never really choose to go to little chef but of course when your in a big group and it is the only place to eat you kind of go along with it! The problem is, is that they werent even busy, if they were I would understand a slow service but they are all just chatting away and have no clue about customer service.

Finally after 1 hour and 35 minutes we exited little chef, I practically ran back to my room and soaked my hands in soap and water for 20 minutes they felt so dirty!

Little chef needs to be shut it is an absoloute disgrace!

1  Thank holiday_hunny89
Reviewed August 3, 2013

When we arrived all the tables were covered in dirty plates, we finally ordered 15 mins after sitting down, it took another 10mins for them to bring our drinks and a further 45mins before they brought out the world's worse fry-up! Mean while other customers were also waiting and complaining. None of the dirty plates were tidied from amy tables. We left all our food and left without paying, staff didn't even seem bothered! Terrible place, no wonder little chef is collapsing!

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner went in for a breakfast wrap that took an hour to come out and when it did looked soggy and I couldn't eat it. Also I noticed a big black hair in it! The staff were rude about it and we walked out. Can't believe the way we were spoken to!! Disgusting vile place! Greasy haired waiters and a waitress that looked dirty.