“Excellent cafe - and a really good view and location”

Colours Continental Cafe
Ranked #93 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the new Ipswich Central travelodge by the Marina, and had breakfast both mornings at this cafe. Right on the Marina, and nice in Winter, but imagine would be lovely in the Summer at the tables outside. Plenty of choice, and good quality food. The open breakfast sandwich with bacon and free range poached egg, hot chocolate and the coffee are all highly recommended. Also an interesting delicatessen next door where you can buy lots of different produce including home made ready meals.

1  Thank FilbertFox1
There are newer reviews for Colours Continental Cafe

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I regularly get my breakfast from Colours on my walk in to work and the experience is always good, friendly service and great food.

Today Myself and a couple of work colleagues decided to give Colours a try for lunch and were greeted by a substantial sandwich and light bites menu. In addition to this they had an impressive selection of Daily Specials, 2 of us opted for Daily specials, namedly the Sweet Potato Curry and in my case the Chorizo stew with Mashed potato. I could almost run out of superlatives to throw at the food! whether it be aimed at flavour, portion size or value for money thay all score a big tick in the excellent box for me!

I will be sure to visit again to try out other daily specials and keenly wash them down with a fresh fruit smoothie while taking in the lovely view both inside and outside of Colours.

1  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Been here multiple times and really enjoyed various menu options. But visited here sunday for fathers day and was slightly dissapointed as to start off with the coffee came out in grubby cups and half full which i dont expect when specifying black. Also they have stopped putting one of those posh biscuits on the saucer :-(
Then when the wifes sausage sandwich arrived there was no chutney or salad which in the past it came as standard and my breakfast it just looked like there was something missing from the plate like ketchup!
But having said all that the food and actual coffee was lovely but they really need to up their game just a lttle which would make them standout from the usual "cafe"

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I wandered down the waterfront and glad i didn't stop, until i got to Colours. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. I had a toasted cheddar and pickle sandwich on brown bread, which was toasted to perfection. I wasn't planning to have a coffee, but soon changed my mind when i realised that the staff actually looking after there beans. I sat outside and took in the view. As customers left and staff said goodbye in a familiar way, I realised that once you had visted there you would definately be back.

1  Thank Bianca B