“My Favourite Restaurant in Ipswich”

Rios Brazil Churrascaria
Ranked #44 of 456 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Rios is without doubt my favourite place to eat in Ipswich.

They offer an excellent variety of freshly cooked meat, complimented by a salad bar.

If you are unfamiliar with this type of Brazilian restaurant this is how it works. You have a little block of wood on your table, half painted red and the other half green.

If you want some meat, turn the green half of the block up and the waiter will bring the latest piece of meat they've cooked straight to your table.

Wonderful food and great atmosphere means it is always advisable to book in advance to ensure you get a table.

2  Thank 92rob

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Reservations can be made online, which was great as we booked a table whilst we sat in the cinema.

We turned up 3/4 hour early for our table and they were more than accommodating. It was part of my birthday celebration week and we sat down at a lovely table near the window.
The service was swift and we started helping ourselves to the salad etc. There is a lovely selection of warm and cold side dishes and vegetarian options... Even the breaded hot bananas were lush! Lol

The music was an acquired taste..... They were playing what sounded like Brazilian version of 'who let the dogs out' :0)))
The music was changed after that track to something a little less odd thankfully.

Meat came over fast and was really tasty. My son was given extra, which was really nice and at 14 he was very pleased to keep taking it!

It was really cute that they gave me a desert (home made caramel...yum) to say Happy Birthday to me & my son had Strawberry Cheesecake which he enjoyed,

Very nice visit. Couldn't afford to do this a lot as the bill was circa £70.... But it was definitely worth a visit and I would recommend the experience,

Thanks to all at Rios.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have visited Rio's twice now and both times it has been delicious! The service isn't the best purely because some of the waiting staff don't speak very good English but they are polite which is the main thing. There is such a varied choice of food, from the mountains on freshly cooked meat that is brought to your table to the buffet which includes lots of yummy dishes to accompany your meat feast! The concept is great and it's nice to do something a bit different for a meal out. The waiters will keep bringing meat out to your table unless you turn your wooden block to red and then they will give you a break! We have found it's best to just keep it green as sometimes if it's busy they can take a while to get to you anyway and you don't have to say yes to everything! Some of the meat was a little undercooked for my friend but that's because she likes her meat cremated haha! But this was no issue for the staff who simply took the skewer back to the grill and popped it under for another couple of minutes!
I do love this place but I don't think it's great value for money. £20pp seems cheap but for the amount of food you actually eat, it's probably not that great. Obviously it's up to you how much you eat but both times, I have found that I definitely haven't had £20 worth of food. Overall a great experience and will definitely go back again!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Visited here again recently with a group of friends.

The whole experience was probably better than when I went with my wife - seems more geared towards groups rather than couples - but didn't think the meat was as good. On my previous visit I had cuts of meat which were not present this time around which was a shame as these were the cuts I liked best, such as rib of beef.

So, mixed bag. I actually thought the salad bar was better this time around but the meats not so. Still a fun night out but would probably rate Good rather than Very Good if I could. At the end of the day, everyone in the group was stuffed full of meat so job done!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's top quality and there's lots of it.

Great selection of different meats cut in front of us at our table from skewers with buffet style salad, pastas, chips etc. to help ourselves to throughout our meal.

With a fixed price per head you can make what you want of it, probably best as a group or if you fancy a man v food type challenge.

We went in a group of about 30 and it was perfect because the service and quality does not suffer for having so many at the same time as we find it often can in many restaurants.

If you're feeling like you can't face any more just turn your table marker to the red side and the waiting staff will leave you alone until you flip it back to green when you're ready.