“40% off, not again, even if it was free.”
Review of Eastern Spice

Eastern Spice
Ranked #143 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Type In "eastern Spice Ipswich"
Reviewed July 14, 2012

the dishes seemed watered down, they were flavourless and thin, not how I expected a Korma to be, not very sweet or creamy at all. The onion bhajis actually had grease dripping from them, yuk.

Don't bother, I'm going to Bay of Bengal like I usually do.......always beautifully delicious.

2  Thank ChantelleLove
EasternSpice, Manager at Eastern Spice, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi Chantellelove,
I'm sorry to here that your experience was not as you expected. We recently improved our onion bhaji; and would to offer you a free portion. Please contact us on ruhul@eastern-spice.co.uk

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Had a takeaway from here and it was really delicious. The nice Indian man with the turban (his description) was really friendly and indeed very generous. He gave me two popadoms and my meal was enormous and delicious. I went to sleep thinking about the leftover curry for breakfast. Is there anything nicer? I had chicken tikka dhansak, special rice (I forgot there was a naan included in my meal) and with the popadoms it made a veritable feast. Yum!! ;)

1  Thank shefftrip

Hello Shefftrip,
Thank you for leaving us a review, its all ways puts a smile on our faces when customers are happy. They person who served you is Surrinda, very kind chap; I'm pleased that he served you well. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Fat Cat is a regular meeting place to enjoy real ales and have an Eastern Spice delivery to the pub. Reserve a table, plates and cutlery conveniently provided. Great Indian selection delivered in next to no time., good value and goes down well with jugs of Wherry. Don't tell everyone, it is already very popular.

3  Thank IWCL
EasternSpice, Manager at Eastern Spice, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Hello IWCL,
It's nice to know that, you like your time at the pub with a Indian meal from us. We hope to get an order from you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have ordered takeaway from Eastern Spice for at least ten years now and I have never had a bad order from here. The food has always arrived hot and within the time frame expected - this has still been the case even when using groupon vouchers on two different occasions! The staff are also very friendly and I have not experienced any problems when ordering food here.

The currys are amazing, my favourite has got to be the Chicken Raj. I've ordered food from other takeaway restaurants and the currys have either been really sweet, too oily or just tasteless but this is not the case with Eastern Spice. The only negative is that the naans are quite small and, the garlic naan especially, could have stronger flavours. However, I would 100% recommend them to anyone.

3  Thank xsjw
EasternSpice, Manager at Eastern Spice, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our food. Yes Chicken Raj is one of the chefs special dish and its very popular too. Hope you visit us again. Thank you very much

Reviewed May 12, 2012

2 hours and 15 minutes later the food still has not arrived, I called 1 hour in and was told that it will be here in 15 minutes, an hour after that I called and was told that they were very busy. oh and that they would add some extra dishs for free.

Now when you order it asks for a contact number and email address, so why no one had the decency to call or email to advise of delays is beyond me.

The long and short of it is I refused the order and am now awaiting a refund.

Oh and to top it off the delivery driver turns up non the wiser to me cancelling the order, so again no communication skills. (delivery driver and the guy on the phone were lovely to deal with).

Hello CherryB82,
I am sorry to hear that your meal did not arrive on time; please not consider that we were extremely busy that day, however you should have been informed, in which I take it you weren't. I would like to Offer you a Free Main Dish, due to the inconvinence; please contact us on ruhul@easternspice.co.uk