“Nice Place”

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

A lovely location alongside the waterfront, It was packed on the Friday night, too busy for my liking but was with friends.
Prices are reasonable, deco is nice, really pretty place.
Not much on mind and probably a little commercial for my liking.

Visited May 2014
NathanielCoughlan, General Manager at Issacs on the Quay, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your gracious review of Isaacs on the Quay.

I was sorry to read that you felt Isaacs was a little commercial. We are in fact a freehold, and the real ales from our adjacent micro-brewery are naturally given greater focus. This being said, I will take your observations into consideration.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Wincanton, United Kingdom
“Just by chance...”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were staying overnight just outside Ipswich, a place we had never visited before. Decided to head for the quays, parked in the University car park (free after 6pm!) and headed towards the masts on the water - and found Isaac's. Had a simple but good meal whilst sitting outside watching the boats and passersby. Very reasonable prices too.

• Visited April 2014
NathanielCoughlan, Manager at Issacs on the Quay, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for giving Isaacs on the Quay a look during your recent trip to Ipswich.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Nathaniel.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“What Service”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

On a business trip to Ipswich for the first time last week and chose Isaacs to have a drink and a bite to eat.
After patiently waiting ten minutes to be served with drinks I was then given the wrong drinks despite my protests so I got a pint of cider for free which probably made up for the weak lager I was served with
Ordered my food and waited.......................
My starter of ribs was quickly put down in front of me and the waiter ran off, with no cutlery or serviettes offered until I asked for them.
The main course turned up 45 minutes later, this time with no condiments, lukewarm and not the type of chips advertised in the menu. Ate some of it and left, never to return again.

• Visited April 2014
NathanielCoughlan, Manager at Issacs on the Quay, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Bill,

I was very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience at Isaacs on the Quay. It certainly appeared that your visit was not our finest hour. I hope that you will find cause to visit us again during a future trip and enjoy a far better experience.

Best regards,
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Cold!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visited Saturday 3 May, found a nice table upstairs went to order food, just a few mins after 6pm, were told no food upstairs after 6pm were sent to the coffee shop section to order, was so cold in this section, not good when ordering hot food! On leaving we realised would have been warmer to have a seat outside as the parasol heaters were on! Very inflexible attitude from staff as literally a few minutes after 6pm, we weren't the only ones turned away either. Ok to have these policies but make sure areas being served hot food are of a comfortable temperature bbbrrrrr.

• Visited May 2014
NathanielCoughlan, Manager at Issacs on the Quay, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for visiting Isaacs on the Quay. I am sorry to hear that you were less than warm in the Tavern during your visit.

We serve our main menu until 9pm Sunday to Thursday, and until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and it is only Fridays and Saturdays that we ask our guests to enjoy sit-down meals in the Tavern after 6pm, simply because the pub area can become very busy, with tables withdrawn to make way for customers standing around the bars.

I will look into the heating for the Tavern area as a priority, but I can assure you that whilst this is a general rule regarding using the Tavern after 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays, we will always look into finding suitable seating elsewhere within the premises. A Duty Manager is always on hand to look at such requests, and will always grant them if we can accommodate them.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Pub for Boaties”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stopped off for a snack lunch while visiting the Wet Dock – Marina area, the pub stands directly on the quayside. Large bar area serving a range of beers and lagers from their own micro-brewery. On our visit, Briarbank Bitter 3.7% and Perpendicular 4.4% were available. There are a total of 16 beers and lagers brewed, which presumably are available from time to time. The bitter was brilliant.!. Our snack lunch was served outside, where there is plenty sitting area, both in the front and in a courtyard to the side. As another reviewer pointed out, the plastic glasses were a bit of a downer.

• Visited April 2014
NathanielCoughlan, Manager at Issacs on the Quay, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind review.

I hope you will visit us again soon!

Best regards,