“Standard Novotel Offering close to station and City Centre”
Review of Novotel Ipswich

Novotel Ipswich
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, England
“Standard Novotel Offering close to station and City Centre”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Arrived at the Novotel after a 15 minute walk from the station. Clean, good sized room with shower and bath. Good choice of food in the restaurant and wine from the bar. I had a room overlooking a busy roundabout but the double glazing was really good and I hardly noticed any noise. Check out was a bit slow - had to wait over 5 minutes so that could be improved upon. Other than that - nice hotel and being a Novotel you know what you are getting... down to the purple paint in the toilet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel in Ipswich and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Serhan Ilker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Having stayed at other hotels on business in Ipswich, I have struggled to find one within budget that meets my needs and expectations. This one did and I shall certainly return. Good room, good food and a very high level of service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed June 8, 2013

As a straightforward, stopover hotel for business guests, I cannot really fault Novotel Ipswich. The staff are very friendly, the location is convenient and the room was well-equipped and clean. After a long journey to Ipswich, I appreciated the quick check-in and excellent service in the restaurant. The Superior room I stayed in had a modern bathroom and plenty of space for my needs. Although I appreciated the additional door to limit sound from the corridor, the windows did not allow me to escape the noise from traffic outside or the hourly church bells. Despite this, I did have a good night sleep thanks to the comfortable bed. Vegetarian options are extremely limited in the restaurant, but there was a good selection of hot and cold options for breakfast. This was my first stay in a Novotel and I would consider the chain again for future business trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your positive comments, and I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel in Ipswich.
Kind regards
Shetland, Scotland
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent a great few days here and were delighted to find the staff were so courteous, professional and helpful in every way. The room was spacious, housekeeping good and we were close to shops and to the river for walks etc

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Novotel in Ipswich. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Essex
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel on 1 June 13. Checkin was seamless, front desk very attentive. Paid GBP 70 for room one up from the basic rate. Room was clean, well decorated with a comfortable bed. Shower & bath to choose from, room was spotlessly clean.

Rest of the hotel followed suit.

Would definitely revisit and its only a 2 minutes walk into the town centre.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Novotel Ipswich Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 30, 2013

booked 2 nights for a business trip, checked out first morning.
small and crowded car park, not enough space for all guests...make sure to get there in time
don't bother emailing the reception in advance, they'll just ignore your advance requests
room service is not bad, it just does NOT exist after 10pm, even though last orders are meant to be until 11pm. Don't bother asking for an explanation....the hotel staff will just ignore you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. I beleive there was miscommunication between you and my team regarding Room service becuase we have 24h rooms service. Contact me at any time on 01473 232400 or email me at H0995-GM@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards,
Gloucetershire
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is very close to the centre so it was good for my trip,however they charge a fee for parking at the hotel £7-00.I found this hotel to be of a very good quality and the rooms were very clean and tidy i had an executive room and found it was ideal for business.I will use this hotel again if the holiday inn is full?

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the main road.