“Very central and great place to stay”
Review of Novotel Ipswich

Novotel Ipswich
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent a great few days here and were delighted to find the staff were so courteous, professional and helpful in every way. The room was spacious, housekeeping good and we were close to shops and to the river for walks etc

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Novotel in Ipswich. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel on 1 June 13. Checkin was seamless, front desk very attentive. Paid GBP 70 for room one up from the basic rate. Room was clean, well decorated with a comfortable bed. Shower & bath to choose from, room was spotlessly clean.

Rest of the hotel followed suit.

Would definitely revisit and its only a 2 minutes walk into the town centre.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Novotel Ipswich Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards

Reviewed May 30, 2013

booked 2 nights for a business trip, checked out first morning.
small and crowded car park, not enough space for all guests...make sure to get there in time
don't bother emailing the reception in advance, they'll just ignore your advance requests
room service is not bad, it just does NOT exist after 10pm, even though last orders are meant to be until 11pm. Don't bother asking for an explanation....the hotel staff will just ignore you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. I beleive there was miscommunication between you and my team regarding Room service becuase we have 24h rooms service. Contact me at any time on 01473 232400 or email me at H0995-GM@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further.
With kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is very close to the centre so it was good for my trip,however they charge a fee for parking at the hotel £7-00.I found this hotel to be of a very good quality and the rooms were very clean and tidy i had an executive room and found it was ideal for business.I will use this hotel again if the holiday inn is full?

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel in Ipswich.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel met all our needs including disabled access as one of the party required a wheelchair. The hotel is within walking distance of the waterfront city centre and railway station. Breakfast buffet was good and very fresh. Staff were excellent from front desk to waiter. I would definitely recommend the hotel and will stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife was happy here. All went according to plan. She was allowed in a vacant room on arrival, having breakfast there, before the 12 check in. Staff were accomodating. The waitress was good. But I would probably try to have dinner out because food was only average for the price paid. However, we like the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Ipswich Centre very soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Huge 'executive' room, but poorly designed, and much of the equipment in it was damaged or didn't work properly. For example, tiny wardrobe and no coat hooks; ridiculously complicated integrated TV and internet so that it required 4 menus just to get BBC1, and Radio 4 was not an option; internet fell over in the evening, so the promise of unlimited broadband was unfulfilled; in addition the 'hot' breakfast was tepid. Not recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Novotel Ipswich. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 01473 232400 or email me on H0995-GM@accor.com to discuss this further. In the mean time I would like to inform you that we do provide 6 hangers in wardrobe in rooms.
I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, whereupon one of my team will be happy to explain all of our facilities.