“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION”
Review of Novotel Ipswich

Novotel Ipswich
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 1 night at the Novotel, Ipswich. The hotel is in an ideal location for walking into town, or to the many restaurants near by. Reception were very welcoming. The room was large with an extremely comfortable large bed. We had a fridge in the room which was a bonus as was the dual shower. Parking at £7 for 24hrs was not expected, we assumed it would have been discounted for staying at the hotel, but overall a lovely experience which we will repeat when we're next in Ipswich.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Novotel in Ipswich very soon.
Serhan Ilker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The venue, staff and food was very good. Well presented meals served by more than adequate numbers of staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Well done.
**************************************************************

• Stayed December 2012
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Ipswich again very soon.
Skjetten Norway
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nice hotel centrally placed for Portman Road, railway station, harbor and central Ipswich. Unfortunately the breakfast is too expensive, so it is recommended to eat this somewhere else. Good service and nice rooms. Possibility of free computer in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We at the Novotel in Ipswich very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the facilities are good. Breakfast was good quality.

I had to phone for tea and coffee in my room as there was none. There is a mini bar but at about £2.50 for a bottle of water it was expensive. The room was very hot and the mattress not comfortable.

My main gripe is that for a 'business' hotel you have to pay for broadband or wifi. Why isn't it free?!

• Stayed November 2012
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, we do provide free web access in our lobby, on our iMac station. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Friendly, clean and spacious hotel, good value if you book the breakfast inclusive. £15 to upgrade to exec room, well worth the ££. Parking a bit pricy but convenient. Paid for internet in room but key board didnt work so they came straight away with a new one so no complaints. Would have like to use wirless but had to pay an extra £9 for that so managed with the tv internet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Ipswich Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived on the 6th November on a business trip staying for 14 nights in a Superior Room. My first impressions were excellent found a space in the car park (£7pn) and checked in 4 hours early to find my room ready for me. The reception were most efficient and friendly.

My room was located on the 4th floor overlooking the roundabout, Many reviewers complained of the noise but I didn't particularly have any trouble found it very quiet.

The room had a very bizzare layout as soon as you walk in you have a separate toilet but no wash basin (not good hygeine) I had a large (firm) double bed, sofabed, & LCD TV.

The room could of done with extra storage as there was only one small wardrobe which also houses the ironing board. Another lacking feature of the hotel was free WiFi, I expect nowadays to have free WiFi in most establishments especially a 4* business hotel But instead the charge was £9.99 for 24hours!!

My room rate came with breakfast, it is a very good offering full English, continental, cereals, pastries, hot drinks, Certainly sets you up well.

I also ate in the Elements restaurant most evenings the food was a little expensive but you do get a good portion size, also the kitchen are very accommodating with special requests. Only downside was that because I was there for 14 nights the food selection became a bit boring as it didn't change would of been nice to have daily specials just to add some variety.

All in all I had a satisfactory stay at the Novotel and can recommend this hotel. The staff are top notch, know their stuff and very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.