Novotel Ipswich
$77
$152
$141
Travelocity
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Ipswich Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
    Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
    Travelocity
    All reviewsseparate toiletcar parkbusy roundabouttown centrecardinal parkcentral locationmini fridgegood sizesuperior roombusiness hotelper daybusiness tripsofa bedironing boardmodern hotelfootball groundbath shower
    Reviewed November 28, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
    Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Friendly, clean and spacious hotel, good value if you book the breakfast inclusive. £15 to upgrade to exec room, well worth the ££. Parking a bit pricy but convenient. Paid for internet in room but key board didnt work so they came straight away with a new one so no complaints. Would have like to use wirless but had to pay an extra £9 for that so managed with the tv internet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Ipswich Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived on the 6th November on a business trip staying for 14 nights in a Superior Room. My first impressions were excellent found a space in the car park (£7pn) and checked in 4 hours early to find my room ready for me. The reception were most efficient and friendly.

My room was located on the 4th floor overlooking the roundabout, Many reviewers complained of the noise but I didn't particularly have any trouble found it very quiet.

The room had a very bizzare layout as soon as you walk in you have a separate toilet but no wash basin (not good hygeine) I had a large (firm) double bed, sofabed, & LCD TV.

The room could of done with extra storage as there was only one small wardrobe which also houses the ironing board. Another lacking feature of the hotel was free WiFi, I expect nowadays to have free WiFi in most establishments especially a 4* business hotel But instead the charge was £9.99 for 24hours!!

My room rate came with breakfast, it is a very good offering full English, continental, cereals, pastries, hot drinks, Certainly sets you up well.

I also ate in the Elements restaurant most evenings the food was a little expensive but you do get a good portion size, also the kitchen are very accommodating with special requests. Only downside was that because I was there for 14 nights the food selection became a bit boring as it didn't change would of been nice to have daily specials just to add some variety.

All in all I had a satisfactory stay at the Novotel and can recommend this hotel. The staff are top notch, know their stuff and very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
    Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This 4-star hotel is situated on the edge of the mediaeval streets of Ipswich, but also overlooking a busy road junction and various lots of industrial and commercial tat! But only 5 minutes walk from the town centre, just over 10 to the railway station.
    Decor in Gallic chic, with cerise and off-white faux-leather sofas etc in reception. Bit of an acquired taste.
    Very welcoming staff, and they provided sheets and blanket rather than duvet as requested. Some staff seem to have been sent over from French HQ and had only basic English. Bed extremely hard - thin mattress on slats. Good but pricey breakfast, the restaurant over-expensive and thus empty most nights. Breakfast can be had 3-4 min walk away at less than half the price.
    Accor seem to work on the principle that the basic provision is good value, but they try to sell you less good-value add-ons at every opportunity. Parking at £7 a day excessive - opposite by St Peter's Church you pay only £3 a day, worth the 2 min-walk! TV bizarre - why not provide simple freeview? Why no Radio 4 in a business hotel? Wi-fi only via Orange and charge - do Accor not realise that free wi-fi is now the industry standard?
    On the whole, however, you can get round the quirks, so a good venue in an interesting town.

Room Tip: High up probably better
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
    Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and we do review all of our pricing and have found that we are competitive in the market place. We do provide free web access in our lobby, on our iMac station and our parking is secure, CCTV monitored, convenient. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, whereupon one of my team will be happy to explain all of our facilities.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Novotel Ipswich for two nights, very comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast had a good variety to choose from. Staff were very polite, helpful and professional. Close to all the amenities, with car parking available for £7 per night. Although I was here on business, I would certainly stay again for business or leisure.

Room Tip: I was given a room on the second floor facing the car park, suitable for disabled, very spacious, and no outside traffic noise. Cant speak for any of the other rooms
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
    Serhanilker, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012