“Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Took my parents for Sunday lunch. When we walked in, we commented on how well the refurbishment was and were looking forward to our meal. My parents both chose the special, Mum had turkey and Dad had the roast beef. After a longish wait, our dinner arrived. Then several minutes later their side order of vegetables-which were stone cold! The waitress apologised and took them away. Again we waited ages for some fresh veg. They finally arrived, piping hot but by this time the meat was cold! To be fair they did offer to replace the meat but we declined as by the time that arrived the veg would be cold again! My fish was very nice though and hot. They did say they wouldn't charge for the two Sunday specials and gave us 2 free desserts and when we paid they did apologise again-this was a good gesture of them. We will try The Swan again and hope we catch the chef on a better day!!

1  Thank Jane F

Reviewed December 9, 2013

A wonderful evening with friends. Exceptional decor with such a spacious feel. Faultless service and excellent food. Very good value as well. Most impressed and pleased.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Saturday night and absolutely packed at 7pm and turning tables by the time we left, so it must be popular! Recently refurbished and looking slick. The staff, lead by the excellent Laura, were friendly and attentive. The food was very good value for money and the puds are to die for!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Six of us had a super meal, the very recently updated Swan looked lovely. Laura and her team gave us great service from the moment we arrived right up to opening the door for us when we left. I would strongly recommend the Swan for all occasions and all ages.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

On visiting The Swan at Westerfield for lunch I found the whole experience most disappointing. Having booked a table for two at 12 noon, Specifically asking for a window table we were placed just inside the doorway and as most people do not know how to close a door correctly we were sitting in a draught all the time, as ourselves, other diners and staff members were constantly closing the door after someone had entered I'm sure there is a simple solution to an obvious problem may I suggest appropriate hinges/self closing spring is fixed to the door. It probably seemed worse after waiting 35 minutes for our meal.

Having ordered a glass of Merlot which tasted like vinegar the waitress was kind enough to change it for a 'similar tasting wine'. The spaghetti and meat balls which I ordered was extremely dry. However the 'highlight' was the mint chocolate we were given with our coffee. The décor was very pleasant but sadly that is the only positive I can honestly report. No, I will not be visiting again.

1  Thank stephanie c