“Casual lunch after shopping”
Review of The Woolpack

The Woolpack
Ranked #39 of 456 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had not been to this pub for a few years but nice to find it once again in good hands. Excellent quality pub food with a first class and friendly service. Proper Suffolk ham and plenty of it with wedge chips and free range eggs. lovely plate of pub food. Wife had a first rate West Indian curry. Would definitely go back again. Tony Rowland. Rushmere St Andrew.

1  Thank Tony R

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I went for sunday lunch with my housemates a couple of weeks ago. We regularly go for drinks but decided to see what the food was like having seen many tasty looking meals! The Sunday lunch itself was very nice but for me (a fussy eater) it strayed from traditional trimmings a bit too much. I had lamb and the meat was absolutely delicious. I'd definitely recommend it and I've been showing the menu to everyone! The only thing I'd say is that it's not the cheapest of Sunday lunches but it's worth it!

1  Thank lbrooks12
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My friend and I went for lunch last week and were very impressed. There is a handy car park at the rear (really handy as the pub is situated in a residents parking zone). We were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived, the food was delicious and served efficiently. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Jane P
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went to the Woolpack a couple of weeks ago for a birthday meal. Food and service very good. The only thing I would suggest is that when they refer to ' chips' on the menu, they let you know that they are in fact potato wedges ( lovely thick tasty wedges) but far too 'heavy 'to accompany a main meal and we left almost all of them. Having an option to order chips OR wedges from the menu would be good.

3  Thank Bella T
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Strolled through the park with the dog for a pre-arranged breakfast meeting at The Woollpack. First visit for breakfast and won't be the last excellently cooked poached and scrambled eggs plus good service. To cap it all it was sunny and we sat outside which was perfect. Thank you to the young lady who look after us and made such a fuss of the dog.