“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Masha of India

Masha of India
Ranked #314 of 448 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Myself and partner decided to get a takeaway from here after reading a number of positive reviews from a variety of websites.
I have to agree with some if the other reviews, looking at the premises from the outside, the building is dated and then the interior is much the same. I would liken the layout to that of a low end cafe. As you walk in the through door, you will find a number of tables, some of which sit almost on too of the reception desk. The decor consists of varying shades of purple and through interior doors have mirrored glass. The man on reception was polite, but gave off a very unsettling aura. The food came quickly, but was very salty and the chicken in my Balti had obviously been reheated, its consistency almost of quorn. The sauce wad very salty and had a peculliar colour to it. Overall we very disappointed and certainly wouldn't't recommend this place, as Ipswich as better to offer.

2  Thank DTench
There are newer reviews for Masha of India

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have been using this restaurant (both eat in and take away) for many years, and can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal. It is always delivered to the same excellent standard.

1  Thank April H
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My son Ashraf and Arib are there all the time for chicken curry, nan bread and pappadoms. The owner and staff are very friendly , polite and extremely child friendly. The food prices are very reasonable given the quality and service.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We visited this place with high hopes based on previous reviews. I must have caught it on a bad day (although I fear that wasn't the case). We went for the buffet 'menu', I use the terms loosely because it was neither a buffet or a menu. The only choice we were given was mild, medium or hot. There was no menu we were just given what we got and there was no buffet just a main and 2 sides served at the table. The food was OK, not great but certainly passable, but the atmosphere was awful. We felt uncomfortable having a conversation and if we wanted anything like drinks or poppadums we had to practically walk into the kitchen to find someone. All in all, although the meal wasn't inedible we won't be hurrying back.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Only been once but it's the tastiest curry I've had in Ipswich and I've had a lot. Usually go to Maharani which is consistently good and closer to me but if you haven't tried the Masha then I suggest giving it a go.