“Great sailing day on Viking Blue”
Review of Viking Mariners

Viking Mariners
Ranked #3 of 9 Tours in Ipswich
More attraction details
Owner description: Viking Mariners offer luxury sailing experiences on the River Orwell and beyond on either one of our sailing yachts, power craft or barges.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The weather threw everything at us and yet we still had a great time. Sue and Lee are a calm, professional team who handled a variably experienced group of seven blokes with tact and good humour. The Sailing Day was most memorable and all clients were very positive in their feedback. Viking Blue is a beautiful boat and it is a real privilege to spend a day aboard. The much needed waterproofs were quality Musto and kept us dry throughout. I hope to repeat the day soon. Martin Corrall - heads monitor (retired)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've chartered a yacht on the Orwell previously for an afternoon trip out so knew what to expect. And Viking didn't disappoint. Viking Blue is a beautiful, well-appointed, boat with a fantastic feel. Lee and the crew were great and, happily, the wind obliged too, giving us a great trip out to Harwich and back. Ok, so the rain showed up as well, but the waterproofs provided kept us all warm and dry. Fantastic experience, highly recommended.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I bought this as a surprise birthday present for my husband-and we had the best afternoon!! The weather was exceptional and Bev and Jane were simply wonderful. Good fun great at telling us everything and even better telling the 3 men what they should do and none of them moaning!!
I'm not really a boat/water person but the whole afternoon was just perfect I loved it and my husband was over joyed all afternoon! I couldn't have got a better gift and couldn't have picked better company.
Thank you!

1  Thank birdieEssex
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I arrived early, before everyone else and I saw Lee & Bev on the boat, 'Viking blue' from the quay; They invited me onto the boat and made me a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.

Then when everyone arrived, we had a nice safety and comfort meeting, discussing everything on the boat, what to do if, where this is just incase this happens etc. And of we set! We started off by learning little things like how to untie the boat and how to dock it again at the gate and then as we got further out on the Orwell we were taught more and more. Before I knew it I was steering the boat!

We had a great time and the experience undoubtedly bought the team together!

So thanks Bev & Lee!