“Tatty, not planned well and expensive. ”
Review of Cineworld Cinemas

Cineworld Cinemas
Ranked #4 of 34 Fun & Games in Ipswich
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday morning. Which was very busy. But there were long queues as you had to buy tickets from the refreshment desks. With 8 or so ticket tills closed??? Oh by the way..not paying £8 for popcorn and coke! Massive rip off. Neither were many other customers! ! When we entered the theatre seats were tatty and some were ripped and loose. Movie was ok but the whole experience was expensive. As it cost £4 to park whilst you watch the movie. Would rather use a small local movie theatre.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The other half and I went today - Imax novices we weren't sure what to expect, WOW, fantastic!!! Absolutely marvellous, we were both so impressed, spoilt us now for any other type of showing (smile)
If in doubt that it's worth the cost, try it, believe me you won't regret it.
Plus the cinema was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have had an unlimited card since January and it is brilliant. You just need to go twice a month and it covers your payment!
The cinema is always clean and tidy (trust me, I know, I go atleast once a week.. sometimes twice a day) they ALWAYS have the newest films and alot to choose from.

There are some negatives to add, but more constructive critism really:
- The toilets do need to be updated
- The food stalls are incredibly expensive and even with an unlimited card (you get 10% off) I am put off with the prices

The cinema is fantastic and it is always busy which is nice to see.
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time a few months ago when we say Avengers Assemble in IMAX 3D at 9pm followed by the brand new Iron Man 3 as it came out at Midnight. That was very reasonably priced (the prices online are very good),

So overall, thank you Cineworld for a great experience, I look forward to seeing another film with you soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Generally our experiences have been good; great choice of films, although you have to watch some within a week or they're gone.. Why they have to show the 'bacon' advertisement just before the film every time is beyond a joke and repeated for four months at a time and then replaced with another ridiculous version for another four....
Toilets are filthy and smelly, big put off, hold one for a restaurant before and after. Starbucks coming to the bar upstairs, hmmm will they still offer alcohol?? Food over priced, unhealthy option only available and fizzy drinks, yeah ok some might say that's the cinema experience but those of us that have the unlimited card might like more choice and not at crazy prices.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good cinema with a couple of IMAX screens. Good location as many restaurants and bars around. The only prob is finding parking in the evenings. Sometimes best to park in the old B & Q carpark.