“Nice But Expensive.”
Review of Cineworld Cinemas

Cineworld Cinemas
Ranked #4 of 34 Fun & Games in Ipswich
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I used to come to this cinema quite a lot but do not anymore. It now costs around £10 to see a regular 2D movie. A lot of the films they have in 3D which they have regular timings for. The 2D films are on less often. To see the film in 3D it is an extra couple of pounds.
It is a nice cinema but not only are the tickets expensive but also the food and drink are way too much money. A bag of toffee popcorn which you can get in the supermarket for around 80p is around £4 in the cinema.
However I understand that this is not just the cineworld in Bury. The staff at this cinema are helpful and I cannot fault them.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"independence"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went on a Saturday night and were initially really impressed with the service - we'd accidentally paid day-time prices for the car park when it's only £1 after 6pm, but the cashier gave us the full £4 off our ticket anyway. Then came the shock, before discount tickets were £9.10 to see a bog-standard 2D film! If we go to our local cinema (Riverside Theatre in Woodbridge), we can go at the same time for £5.50 and have the pleasure of the quirkiness of the place. Shame it's so expensive these days - almost £20 for two before you've added snacks or any other activities (e.g. dinner) makes it a pricey night out.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

An okay venue but not always staffed sufficiently.
The cleaning leaves a bit to be desired at times.
Films are sometimes only on for a week or even less which means you miss them!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The IMAX screen arrived late last year and brings with it a larger, louder cinema experience - for a few quid more. Cinema has 11 screens, with screen 6 having been transformed into the new IMAX, and although the furnishings in the majority of screens are not new they are acceptable.
As with most cinemas sweeties, popcorn and drinks are at premium prices but that has been the case for many years in most multiplexes. My tip - take your own. I've never had my bag searched (as another reviewer has mentioned) and as long as you don't try and get in holding a McDonald's Big Mac, you'll get in with your bag of Revels bought at the local corner shop. Parking charges in the surrounding car parks can be refunded up to £4/3hrs which is usually enough time to see the average length film. Best days to go are bargain Tuesdays and Orange(EE) Wednesdays.
As a regular visitor I have a Cineworld Unlimited Card reducing the cost of tickets/confectionery/3D films - a must if you go more than twice a month.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to this cinema on Saturday and they were having computer issues. Fair enough. But did the management streamline processes and reduce queuing no they made the staff write down everything in duplicate ridiculous! So after lining up to get tickets I went for popcorn after 20 mins I got to the counter to be told "sorry mate on my break now you will have to join another line" you what? I just lined up for 20 mins to get tickets, 20 mins for popcorn and now you are not going to serve me! No popcorn for me or family then. Mention it to the supervisor collecting tickets who couldn't care less so I go in and take my seat the film has started and my seat headrest has a massive piece of it missing. £10 for this!! Never again

1  Thank Crowning