“"I MAX" never again”
Review of Cineworld Cinemas

Cineworld Cinemas
Ranked #9 of 36 Fun & Games in Ipswich
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went to see the new bond film, paid a small fortune to be seated in the "I MAX" screen. If you want to have ringing in your ears afterwards then go, The people seated behind us and people two rows in front and in other parts of the cinema left because they couldn't stand the volume. The background noices were so loud that they detracted from the speech. I was fortunate enough to have a tissue with me which I had to tear up and put in my ears. It made it just about bearable. Even my husband complained, this had to be a first as he loves loud music, but even he was sitting with his fingers in his. I wish we had gone to a normal screening.

10  Thank selwood2005
"movement"
in 4 reviews
"blockbuster"

Reviewed November 9, 2012

soo...i go to cineworld with mates to watch a 15 film and we dont have ID but we look real older, not fairr!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The cinema looks nice from the outside but inside it's nothing special. The screens are all large enough, although sometimes they do seem to put popular movies on in the smaller screens.... maybe a ploy to get people to wait in the expensive bar upstairs??
The seats are in a bad state, some are broken, some are covered in old snacks and the floors are always grubby.
The toilets are the worst point. They are always dirty looking, smell horrible and have no tissue. I've complained about them a few times as I can't bring myself to use them and eventually received a voucher for free popcorn and drinks... when I tried to use the voucher (which clearly stated Cineworld) the member of staff had to call a manager to check whether I had to pay!!!
I now have a monthly unlimited card that costs £14.99 for unlimited usage.... however, I have to pay a premium if i wish to watch 3d movies which is annoying but no big deal as I hardly watch them anyway.
The worst thing is the security.... they walk around the screens asking for ID, telling you to put yor feet down and asking to search bags. All of which I have not taken kindly to in the past!

If you want to see a movie, then of course it's all fine, but just don't expect too much!

If you've not been before, make sure you take in the correct part of your car parking ticket as they will refund you for parking up to £4! But they don't make this too well known!

1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just tried to see a 15 rated movie in cineworld with my daughter, her friend, my son and his girlfriend. We are all old enough to see the movie (being 54, 16, 17, 18 & 17 years old respectively). We were refused entry as we could not provide ID for all of the group. Staff were completely useless their suggestion was that perhaps somebody at home could scan and email copies of passports. Had driven for an hour to see the movie complete waste of time.

2  Thank TH90