“Such good food!”
Review of The Brewery Tap

The Brewery Tap
Ranked #54 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a lovely Gastro Pub, the new owners took over in October 2009 and have fantastic plans. They only serve locally brewed Bitter and Lager plus a great wine list. Mike is a fantastic chef and the staff are always friendly, smiling and helpful. Lots of space for private parties or meetings. Daily fresh menu with local produce.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Such good food!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been eating at the Tap for a while now but only just got around to a review. The food is always amazing and never disappoints. Great service and really friendly atmosphere. They have to serve the best chips in Ipswich too and no matter what I order I always have to have the chips too.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lucylockett82

Ipswich
“Very good food, in an unlikely location.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had eaten here before with a work do and enjoyed it very much, so after a little research decided to try it again.
It was a good job I had been here before as everyone else I was with hadn't been and were getting worried as we got closer. The location is very off putting with the surrounding port and the run down buildings near by.
However inside is a different story; a beautiful old building with a lot of character.
The menu was good, not too many choices, but I would rather a small ever changing menu than a long one that gets stale quickly. It also shows that the chef is still inspired by their cooking rather than cooking the same dull dish they thought of years ago.
It was a Wednesday with a choice of pizzas on the menu also. I am vegetarian and was pleased to see two vegi options on the menu.
We all had something different and were all please with what we had. A good meal all round.
The prices are not expensive as compared to a restaurant offering similar food, but they are if you compare it to somewhere like Witherspoon's, but remember, the food here is head and shoulders above other town pubs with food.

In all, don't be put off by the location as you get closer. The food was excellent and I will certainly be visiting again.
My only reason for not giving a top rating is that I found it hard to get in touch to book a table. I couldn't get through on the phone and had no response via email, in the end I booked via twitter!

Now if they just did a vegi fried breakfast on a Sunday...............

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank liveinaryokan
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“A Sunday treat”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My second meal at The Brewery Tap, this time for Sunday lunch with the family. The Tap serves all day (until 8pm) on a Sunday which is good so we booked for 3pm. Unfortunately by this time they had run out of the Sunday roasts (Beef and Pork) but offered up alternatives of Belly of Pork and Sausage and Mash which were both very good. We had a couple of starters to share - Squid and Confit of Guinea fowl which were both excellent and devoured quickly. The service was great with the staff taking lots of care to make sure we got what we wanted and that our kids (3 under 8) were all happy. Will become a regular on Sunday I think - maybe arrive a little earlier next time - perhaps in time for brunch.

• Visited May 2013
“Fab ..... as usual!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Having just arrived home after a week away we thought we would carry on the holiday vibe and visit the Brewery Tap for dinner. We arrived just before 8pm to find a busy pub with most of the tables taken. However, we were found a table quickly and had a delicious meal of mushroom, asparagus and Parmesan risotto balls served with salad leaves and roasted vegetables - absolutely delicious! We have eaten at the Tap on a regular basis since Mike & George took over about three years ago and have seen the place go from strength to strength under their direction. It's just what we need in Ipswich ... a great place to meet up with friends for a drink, for a tasty meal, or if you fancy taking part in their quiz, or as a venue for a family gathering or party. The Brewery Tap is just great - we love it and would strongly recommend it!

Visited May 2013
Ipswich, Suffolk
“Excellent menu”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went for a meal on Sunday early evening having not visited for a while. The menu and quality of food has certainly moved up a few gears. We had confit guinea foul and pigeon on a well dressed feta salad to start which were excellent followed by an equally good skate and coconut curry with homemade onion bhajis and popadums. I could have eaten everything off that menu which I haven't been able to say for some time and is certainly unlikely anywhere else in Ipswich! Our fussy 12 year old was also very happy with sausage, mash peas and gravy...cleared plate - good result!
Good beer and wine and very efficient and friendly staff together with quite a few other customers (which was surprising at that time) created a good atmosphere. Well done and thanks to all...we will be back a lot more often. Also try the homemade sausage rolls on the bar with banana and chilli relish...fantastic!

• Visited April 2013