“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #25 of 504 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with stunning Waterfront location serving locally sourced fresh products and fantastic service. Live music in our bar every Sunday from 3pm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely Sunday roast. Roast beef was amazing. Great atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
Greg M, Owner at The Waterfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon with us. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

The Waterfront Bistro

Write a reviewReviews (657)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Amazing food and venue totally delicious and a wonderful evening with friends the venue is perfect and a lovely atmosphere

Date of visit: July 2019
Greg M, Owner at The Waterfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for this amazing review! Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Well what can I say, have been here before and had a lovely meal but very disappointed this time. Change of chef! Need to change them again..the starter was the best part then had to wait so long for the main. 3 of us ordered the Fried Sea Bass which was utterly disappointing and cold along with the potatoes, the skin was sloppy and not crispy. We had waited so long and were too hungry to send it back and wait. One of us had the pork which was tough and looked more like a Pork chop than a cutlet. There were only two staff who didn’t even come over to see if everything was ok, very poor. I did tell the waiter when we asked for the bill our disappointment and I give him some credit even though he didn’t apologise he did knock the Starters and the bottle of wine off the bill.
We won’t be rushing to go back...

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Been here a few times and so far has been superb everytime, 6 of us had Sunday lunch and every one of us thoroughly enjoyed it, nice atmosphere, good service, very nice place

Date of visit: July 2019

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed you afternoon with us. We have live music every Sunday from 3pm so hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2019

My sister booked this restaurant, not knowing anything about it. She, her partner, my nephew and I were in the party. The restaurant is located at Ipswich Marina, a beautiful, recently-developed area on the edge of Ipswich. How we travelled to this place is another matter, but it wasn't by bus or train!

We arrived early, so we sat at the tables outside with some drinks, savouring the scene and the wonderful, welcome breeze. When time came to take our seats inside, we were shown to the upper level, to a table by the window with a lovely view of the marina outside.

We ate on a Sunday, for which there is a particular menu. The choices were a bit limited, but that said there was enough variety to be able to select something we all liked. The staff were just excellent, utterly professional and so welcoming and attentive, as well as thoroughly engaging. Our starters were well-presented and absolutely delicious, as were the mains. I had noticed, however, that two of the dishes had rather large portions (roast beef had a huge Yorkshire pudding and large potatoes with plenty of beef on the plate, and my nephew's haddock was huge). My choice of Pork cutlet with croquette potato and buttered greens was sensible in terms of portion size. The desserts were stunningly presented and absolutely delicious. Every plate was empty, bar two mains the size of which defeated the gorgers (but only a little was uneaten).

My sister had arranged a cake, and this was brought to the table by the staff, and for me a large dinner plate decorated with "Happy 60th Birthday" in chocolate together with some raspberries to garnish was a scintillating surprise. It was clear that my surprise was being thoroughly enjoyed by the staff attending the table, and this added so much to the whole atmosphere of the day for me.

However, I have one gripe. The live entertainent was somewhat intrusive for me, even though he was downstairs and we were up. The location of the restaurant calls for tranquility, and the loud noise was a bit of a downer. This has cost a full star in the rating, otherwise I would have given it a full house of five.

Overall, I had the most amazing lunch here. Every dish was delicious. Everybody involved left me with such a positive impression, and I would not hesitate to recommend the Waterfront to anyone. The popularity of the venue was crystal clear as we left, with the downstairs area as well as the outside full of people. When we walked along the waterfront itself afterwards, we noticed far fewer people in the other bars and restaurants along the way.

Congratulations to all involved. You made my 60th birthday celebration complete.

Date of visit: August 2019