“bad manager.!!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

attended a birthday celebration their recently ...starter and main was served lovely...but something seem to change staff changed in the restaurant ..ect they became less willing to tend our table. Service became slow and we waited for drinks 45 min..they bought the cake over and one off our lady's asked if we could have some plates and was told very rudely cant you wait a minute not a good attitude ...and the 4 desserts that were ordered were messed up maybe if waitress had a pad she could write orders down then less chance to get wrong. Then their was a discrepancy with the bill.so the manager came to the table and thro all sorts of accusations at us saying he knew we would be trouble as soon as we walked in and that we were late (considering) we were their at 7.30....how dare he say these things ..have had four gave rings their but wont be any more not while under that manger(owner ) he really does need to learn how to talk to people...rude loud bully that's how we saw him...a real let down.

4  Thank sandra p
There are newer reviews for The Waterfront

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Six of us went to this Restuarant for dinner on Saturday night for a 40th Birthday celebration and we weren't disappointed. The food was really tasty and both the upstairs restaurant and the bar area both have a great ambience.

The restaurant commands a great location on the waterfront and is also really nice to sit and have a drink on a summer's evening. The food is quite pricey but well worth it for a special occassion, we will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank BetBas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My sister & I went to this Bistro on a friends recommendation. A lively bubbly atmosphere (certainly not quiet! so don't go if you want quiet romance). The food was lovely, the wine very nice & service was good. My main dish was duck breast, perfectly cooked, my sister had the seafood skewer which she said was delicious. I would certainly go back again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked a table for 6 expecting the same excellent standard we've enjoyed previously and were left feeling a bit underwhelmed. The atmosphere was very bubbly and it was busy but then it was a Saturday night so you would expect. The staff were polite and generally good but as helpful as they were they forgot drinks off our order and once service had finished most of them left the top floor & went downstairs so no one to ask for any further drinks or the bill at the end. The food was overall good for our table but my husband & I had the king scallops & they were not trimmed properly with sinew left on and a bit gritty. The roe was still attached but there were grey bits which I don't think should have been left on. The beef wellington was good but the dauphinois potatoes were not very creamy and we asked for another helping but they were from the same batch so very garlicky & dry not very nice. One of us asked if there was any further Jus to go with her beef wellington & it arrived in a gravy boat unstrained with big lumps of bitter garlic in, not pleasant. I would have thought a small amount would have been usual. The desserts were all perfect and enjoyed by everyone but overall it was a shame it wasn't their usual standard. We mentioned this to the staff and they made a small deduction from the bill and took our final round of drinks off so a nice gesture but we expected a better evening's food for the price. I would consider going back & assume the chef was having a bad day but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have eaten here a year or so ago and had a lovely meal, therefore returned this evening. Starters were delicious, so why disappointing? Husband's main course of calves liver - not rare but raw, changed and returned the same - unedible, sliced too thick to be able to be cooked correctly.This spoilt our appetites & evening so did not want dessert. The item was then added to our bill and I had to ask for it to be removed. Such a shame! This restaurant is also very noisy, waitress had to almost shout.

1  Thank Fblogger