“40th birthday meal with a few close friends and family”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 448 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Food was excellent, there's no faulting that. We all squeezed in on a round table in the corner, plus 4 kids aged between 5-10. Child friendly food too.

Starters, scallops and veal, mains beef wellington (for me!). Also had a set menu which others enjoyed.

A bit on the pricey side, but I enjoy paying more for excellent food, and I was really not disappointed. The waitress seemed to miss my eldest childs dish, when we pointed it out we had an apology, the meal arrived really quickly and was also removed from our bill without us asking or complaining.

There was 1 waitress who I guess was maybe a little stressed, maybe it was her youth I don't know, but that was my only gripe.

Thoroughly recommended, I would definitely go there again.

There are newer reviews for The Waterfront

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went there on a Tuesday night and had the set meal which was one of the nicest meals I have had recently and I am pretty sure it was Only £18 for three courses. The setting on the quayside is great and with the friendly staff the whole experience was terrific. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

What more can I say, well to start, I have visited this restaurant many many times since it opened 5 or six years ago and every time my wife and I and sometimes friends have always without exception has a fantastic meal, we have enjoyed the company of our hosts and the staff are always warm, friendly and very attentive without being over the top.

The menu is varied and the wine list is great, In addition to the main menu there are daily "specials" of starters, mains and desserts, so the choice whilst not being extensive is well and truly sufficient and allows the chef too concentrate more on fewer dishes of higher quality. The presentation is excellent and the attention to detail cannot be faulted

I am a fussy and rather demanding type of customer who expects and demands good quality food, the best service and value for money and whilst some reviews say this is expensive I would say it is reasonably priced given the quality of the food, service and location. There are of cause cheaper more pretentious restaurants in the area but if you want somewhere that is good time after time, a place where you would take friends or business clients then The Waterfront is the place to go to impress.

My personal favourite is the starter of fish cake, following by the Beef Wellington and the selection of cheeses for a dessert. When in season the Oysters are fresh and if you like seafood the there is normally two of three choices too choose from, but whatever your taste, Julian the Chef will work wonders to make sure you enjoy every last mouthful.

Long may this gem of a restaurant continue to whet the appetite of its appreciative followers

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped here for a drink on the way out for a meal elsewhere. The location is lovely and the atmosphere is good, but the prices are extortionate. We had two wine soda spritzers, two pints of larger and it came to £21! I couldn't believe it. we wont be back here in a hurry.

3  Thank Ricamundo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went for a meal with a group of friends 13 in total and had a lovely starter and the main course sirloin steak was cooked to perfection.
Would definitely return again