“Good value”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Good location and fantastic offers in the evening. Nice relaxed atmosphere and good friendly service. Good value all round and will return

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Waterfront is so far the best restaurant along the quayside at Ipswich. The menu was nice and varied and the attention from the waiting staff was just right. The main course was slightly too much for me to eat which is a first. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked the Waterfront months before the date we were to arrive and asked for a particular table I was told that it might be possible, they did not disappoint and had everything as I had asked, the staff were fantastic and were very attentive all night despite being very busy, on the night they were very busy and the staff were rushed but I am sure the 6 in our party did not notice as everyone said how fantastic the food and wine were, we didnt leave until after 11:30 and then only after a drink with Gregg, if you are going to the waterfron in Ipswich then go to the Waterfront to eat it is fantastic.

1  Thank Chunksoft
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If I'm honest, when heading out to a restaurant in a redeveloped dockside area of an English city, expectations are never great. But the food and service here were genuinely superb, with really nice touches to the food which lifted them way above the usual "place by the marina" type of food.

I complete few reviews, only really when somewhere is really good or really awful - and I feel the Waterfront deserves a great review.

Without doubt worth a visit for very good food and really friendly service. Quite a gem.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went there as a group for a leaving do and things didn;t get off to well as we were caught up in an accident earlier in the day on the way home from Leeds and as a result three of us were running quite late. The restaurant were really good about it and quite rightly made the point we were late and this affected later diners but worked around and never riushed us.
The service was good without being overpowering and the food was good and for a large table we weren't kept waiting.
I had mussels for starter and they were good although the spare bowl and finger plate didn;t come out under well after I had finished. The main course was Beef Wellington and tasted great but the best was the desert. Absolutely delicious.
Despite forgetting my coffee I really enjoyed the meal and would go back there.