“Yuck food”

Ranked #66 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located a stone's throw from the Town Center we are most welcoming of locals, tourists, students and dogs with well behaved owners.
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

I came with my family on Sunday 12/5/19. Food was horrible, The roast dinner was dry. I saw the chef have a cigarette & he didn't even wash his hands when he came back in. The toilets are disgusting always flooding

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Great balance of old pub and modern bar. Really interesting menu with plenty of variety for vegetarians. Tonight I had the duck egg with asparagus and hollandaise sauce from the specials menu which was wonderful. Friendly and efficient staff, quiet atmosphere. One of my favourite places to go in Ipswich.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

After great meals on previous visits, I was deeply disappointed with two recent dining experiences here.
Fish cake- bland and wet, served on over-salted green beans and pine nuts which didn’t really deserve to be classified as a salad.
Buttermilk chicken burger- a breaded chicken burger deep fried to the point of being dark brown and burnt, on coleslaw which tasted old and not homemade.
Chicken pie- made with the poorest quality chicken I think I’ve ever had- it looked like frozen diced cubes with flabby skin attached, in a gelatinous ‘sauce’, covered by a sad, undercooked pastry lid which to be honest tasted like it had sat around for some time. Served with barely cooked, yellowing broccoli.
What happened? I know you guys can do better!

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

We booked the room upstairs for a birthday party and it was ideal. An intimate venue with seating, well stocked bar downstairs with friendly staff. We could play our own music and we're left to our own devices. Would recommend it.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

Popped in for Sunday Lunch after we visited Ipswich Museum, didnt need to book, friendly staff and Sunday Roast was lovely, plenty of it and nicely presented, only down side was that very limited and disappointing dessert choices.