“Terrible service ”
Review of German Doner Kebab

German Doner Kebab
Order Online
Ranked #16 of 52 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Second time visited and our order was messed up, charged wrong. New girl has started and no one is keeping an eye on her, so had to get a refund which took some time to persuade the waitress to give back. None of the offers were offered as friends got a better deal. Then food came out different to what we had ordered. Couldn't be bothered to keep complaining as it seemed such an effort to help us. Give this place a miss in future. Food OK.

Date of visit: May 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Hi Fluffybabe,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for German DonerKebab's branch in Ipswich.

We would like to apologise on behalf of the branch as this is not the kind of service we aim to have at GDK. We are currently in contact with the branch to make sure they are aware of this issue and to make sure it never happens again.

We would like another chance, if you'll allow, if you email feedback@germandonerkebab.com and we can investigate this issue further.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

I went here when it first opened and had a lovely kebab and thought the place was amazing.
However i have been back a couple of times since. One time I got my food and sat down, all the staff were chatting loud to each other. The manager was telling one lady that she needed to sort it out of she could go.
The last visit i had there was a hair in with my meat. I called a staff member over showed them this long black hair. Then they called over lots more of the staff who surrounded me on my table and told me there is nobody in there with black hair...
This shocked me, I dont have black hair myself and was made to feel like I put the hair in my food. I thought I would take a picture to put on with my review and one of the members of staff pulled my phone out of my hand and deleted the picture and told me to leave.
I thought this was a national chain, yet the staff act like they dont care and either haven't been trained properly or the manager doesn't care either.

Date of visit: April 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Hello Paul G,

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for our Ipswich branch of German Doner Kebab.

Secondly, we would like to apologize on behalf of the branch as this is not the kind of standard we aim to have here at GDK. We have been in contact with the branch regarding this situation to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Visited store twice at 9.40pm as store advertising open till 10pm
Both times it was closed.
On second visit was told they had ran out of meat !
So they closed store !
Dispite selling other products
Clearly had not ran out of meat just a case of staff wanting to go home early
Avoid at all cost as staff will lie
To your face about running out of meat.
Good job they not police or fireman
As would not respond to you as close to shift finish

Date of visit: April 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Hi matt h,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for German Doner Kebab Ipswich. We are extremely sorry about thsi experience when you tried to visit. We are aware that the store shut early and are currently investigating this to ensure this does not happen again.

Please email feedback@germandonerkebab.com with your name and title of the review and we can try to make this up to you.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Lovely kebab, nice service and a wide range of options Good meal deals and very clean All food cooked and served on display and very attentive staff Quick service and nice ambiance
Would recommend

Date of visit: April 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Hi 276gabit,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for our Ipswich branch of German Doner Kebab.

We are delighted you enjoyed your full GDK experience - from the lovely kebab to nice service and the wide range of options. We will be sure to pass these comments onto our hard working team.

Thanks for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you in store again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Went in for a chicken and mixed kebab. To be told they had no chicken. Spinning behind them was a big chunk of chicken meat !!! After asking why we couldn’t have any we were given some broken message of they had orders that might use it up. (More interested in the deliveroo orders ) When we asked about 4 times can you not ask if there would be any left we were stared at blankly and had a repeated message of they may......not have any left. I am not being spoken to like an idiot for. £4 kebab. so left. Can’t tell you what the food is like as the customer service is so bad !

Date of visit: April 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Hi Ipcrracing,

We would like to redeem ourselves in your eyes, if you could email feedback@germandonerkebab.com and we can hopefully do just that. Please include your name, the branch this occurred in and that the complaint originated from Trip Advisor.

Kind regards.