“Miss”
Review of Yates

Yates
Ranked #23 of 52 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Description: Welcome to Yates Ipswich - with something for all ages and all of your needs. During the daytime, we offer a plush (but easy-going) atmosphere, with a vibrant lunchtime trade, or an easy venue to chill, meet, eat and drink. By night, Yates becomes one of the best clubs in the area. We have something for everyone, like huge party nights on Friday & Saturdays.
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

After having a bad experience here we decided to give it another ago and we are very pleased we did had a lovely meal one member of staff in particular was called lisa and she went above and beyond and couldn't do enough for us very polite and welcoming we will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Stopped here for a quick pint and all OK. Usual fayre as part of a chain but is what it is. Situated next to the bus station on Crown Street so decent location.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank rayp775
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I bought a round of drinks for which i charged £14.80. We took our drinks and moved away from the bar. A couple of minutes later the boy behind the bar came over and said my payment had declined. I went with him to the bar and asked for a receipt to show the payment hadnt gone through he refused to give me a receipt. I told him that i would be happy to pay for the drinks if he could show me that I had not been charged already. He called the manager over to ask about printing the receipt, the manager has to be one of the most vile people I have ever met. He refused to print the receipt and kept shouting at me to pay, I calmly explained again that I had already put my card through and if they could show me that it was declined I would pay no problem. He told me my only option was to pay and come back for a refund tomorrow. I told him that this would be really inconvenient for me but agreed. When i went to put my card the amount was now £26. I told him the previous charge was only 14.80 the boy behind the bar said yes but the shots werent on it. So what had really happened was that they had undercharged me first time and were now trying to charge me more. I refused to pay as I said if I now have two charges they won't match so how will you refund me it will look like to separate rounds. With this he ignored me, I asked again and he called security over. Again I remind you all I wanted was a receipt. The security was very rude he came and stood behind me at the bar and said pay or leave. I said then I would leave because I couldnt believe they couldn't show me I hadnt paid and that I was not willing to pay twice. With this the manager came round to the other side of the bar with his fists clenched blocking me from moving away from the bar. I said if he couldn't provide me a receipt then could he show the x read from the pdq machine, the boy behind the bar was going to do it but the manager got into my face and shouted no get out your online banking and show me. This was extremely intimidating and gross as he had not brushed his teeth im sure for a week. Now Imagine i am trapped at the bar security one side and manager other side telling me you do not leave this spot until you pay. I was bullied into making a payment. This payment went through no problem so how did the first one not? At this point drinks are paid for and we move away from the bar. Security then comes behind me and says your on your first warning. I said warning for what and he said manager wants you out. I said to him i dont understand i just wanted a receipt and the drinks have been paid for twice, but me and my friends are leaving as soon as we finish our drinks as we dont want to spend more money here. He then grabbed me by the waist and started pushing me outside. He then started talking really negatively about me to my husband when we were trying to make sense of what had just happened. As i had suspected i was charged twice. I could not get back in the next day, i do not live in Ipswich hence the inconvenience mentioned earlier and as suspected no refund was issued to me. This is absolutely disgraceful service.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Nowhere good to start. The choice of beers is shocking! The staff are rude to you, unless you are a regular. Food is average at best. But if you are seriously hard up? This is the place for you.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I love this place. Lunch and a drink very cheap and cheerful !! And very generous with their portions.

Also I love the nightlife here too.

Date of visit: February 2019