“Excellent Fresh Seafood in Nice Settings”
Review of Takayama

Takayama
Ranked #1 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Not too large, not far from docks, served the best sahishimi I had in UK and had nigiri sake on the menu as well, very rare and great to drink with raw fish. had sof-shell crab and seaweed salat for starters, also very good, Service nice and friendly.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019

for £20 a head, we had really good food with the best bits including soft-shell crab, calamar, tempura prawns and veg....... to be honest, by the time the noodles turned up we realised we had ordered too much. but my daughter did find room for some excellent mochi ice cream.

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Best restaurant in Ipswich. Service nice, really asian food, they have many choices and they used to open until late. Highly recommended

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Didn’t book but they sorted a table out for us by shuffling bookings around which was lovely.

I found them on the happy cow app and we had passed the restaurant when walking to the marina/harbour area the day before.

Good menu including vegan sushi, tofu dishes, noodles and dumplings.

Unfortunately a party of loud, full of themselves, obnoxious people arrived and started dissing those that choose not to pay for animal cruelty (vegetarians and vegans). One of them even said that ‘vegans were just freaks’. Obviously this spoilt our evening. We don’t eat the bodies of animals who wanted to live yet we’re freaks? Hmm.

2  Thank jjpink34
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Honestly I cannot rate this restaurant high enough. We were first to arrive as we were going to see Katherine Jenkins concert at the Regent and wanted to go to a restaurant that was fairly near.
I had never eaten at Takayama's before but Trip reviews were good so I thought I would try it and I am so glad that I did.
The menu was extensive and there was so many dishes that I liked and it was difficult trying to decide what to order. In the end I ordered the soft shell crab for starters and my wife had lolly prawn with chilli sauce. We both had Ribeye Beef Teriyaki.
Absolutely delicious - honestly please don't take my word for it, go and see for yourself.
I am already planning another visit and this time I will make it a foursome.
I can't wait...