“Wow! Lovely food, lovely place.”
Review of Takayama

Takayama
Ranked #1 of 495 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Honestly I cannot rate this restaurant high enough. We were first to arrive as we were going to see Katherine Jenkins concert at the Regent and wanted to go to a restaurant that was fairly near.
I had never eaten at Takayama's before but Trip reviews were good so I thought I would try it and I am so glad that I did.
The menu was extensive and there was so many dishes that I liked and it was difficult trying to decide what to order. In the end I ordered the soft shell crab for starters and my wife had lolly prawn with chilli sauce. We both had Ribeye Beef Teriyaki.
Absolutely delicious - honestly please don't take my word for it, go and see for yourself.
I am already planning another visit and this time I will make it a foursome.
I can't wait...

1  Thank Glyn J

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sunday night in Ipswich and my wife and I were feeling a little adventurous. We decided upon Takayama, which with its Korean/Japanese heritage was very much a new venture for us. We should not have been nervous. We were promptly greeted, shown to a table and received very good service throughout. The decor and layout of the restaurant was impressive.

We both began with Lolly Prawns - prawns on a stick like a lollipop with a sweet spicy sauce - £6.50 each. They were delicious and a great start to our adventure.

For mains my wife ordered Bulgogi Bibimbap - Fried beef with steamed vegetables and spicy rice - £8.90. I ordered Bulgogi a Korean dish comprising spicy fried marinated beef - £14.50. My wife and I decided to share these dishes and they were absolutely delicious.

We drank a bottle of New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc which was excellent and good value at £22.95.

This was an excellent dinner and has changed our view of Korean/Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We return to Takayama over and over. The food is so fresh and delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful to talk you through the menu. The price is reasonable and the atmosphere good. Love sushi, love Takayama

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We went on Sunday had starters and main and got seated straight away! Service was great and waitresses were really friendly, food was exceptional! I’m not a fish eater and the menu has a lot of fish but still found yummy options so very pleased! Would defiantly visit again!

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We all enjoyed our early evening meal. Choice was very good including vegetarian options and suiting slightly fussy teenagers who were actually really happy with the choices. Brilliant service and happy staff. Very clean facilities. Would definitely eat here again.