“Very surprising!”
Review of Takayama

Takayama
Ranked #1 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean restaurant.
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We went on Sunday had starters and main and got seated straight away! Service was great and waitresses were really friendly, food was exceptional! I’m not a fish eater and the menu has a lot of fish but still found yummy options so very pleased! Would defiantly visit again!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We all enjoyed our early evening meal. Choice was very good including vegetarian options and suiting slightly fussy teenagers who were actually really happy with the choices. Brilliant service and happy staff. Very clean facilities. Would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had been here before and had a great time. The food was awesome but priced accordingly. Still not put off though, we went with friends a second time.

We booked for 9:30pm but the table wasn’t ready so were sat down on the sofas by the door. 10 minutes passed 15, 20. All this time we were not offered a drink while we waited. Eventually 25 minutes passed our booked time, we were finally seated at our table. A little bit miffed at the lousy service we asked if they would do a drink on the house. Bare in mind we were about to put in excess of £150 their way. This was met with a stern “no” from both Waitress and Manager. They tried spinning us an excuse of how 10 minutes either side of your booking is what they plan for and that they were only 15 minutes late. It was 10pm we had enough,so we got up and left.

Great food, poor hospitality

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely amazing. From the sushi to the beef with garlic and pepper. I just couldn’t fault it one bit, the service slick. The toilets spotless even my other half tried the squid ! We need to go back to take pictures before I demolish the lot. I would recommend you book as it was busy. Defo worth the drive. We will be back

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank cjslaterhot77
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

We eat here regularly and always enjoy the food and the service. Friends took me here for my birthday and it was really good. They even sung happy birthday when they brought the cake out :)

Date of visit: February 2019