“The best guest house in my life”

Sidegate Guest House
Ranked #8 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at Sidegate Guest House for 4 nights and I´m very happy that I have choosen it. Richard and Sally are doing their work with all heart and you can see it everyday starting from breakfast. They have very nice, cosy rooms with perfect cleanness, their breakfast is something with you will be happy to start everyday for the rest of your life and there so nice people. They were looking after me, helped me very much. I was really touched, as they can saw, when I was leaving.:) I hope, that someday I will return together with my family. If I will return, I know the best place where to stay and feel like at home. Thank you Sally and Richard!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The guest house is run and managed by a high quality husband and wife team and is run to a standard that they would wish to recieve. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comortable. My experience started off well by being met at the train station and taken to the lodge. The trip to the lodge was peppered with points of interest and guidance on how to reach the lodge under my own steam. There is a bus route that passes along the front of the lodge with stops no more than 50 meters away. I was travelling from Australia to see my father for the last time, Sally and Richard were wonderful with a mix of sympathy and professionalism. Without being intrusive, I was frequently asked if there was anything I wanted or that they could do for me.
The breakfasts - well they were an experience in itself and to which I have not received since I was a little girl visiting my grandmother over 40 years ago. Food was well cooked ,piping hot, and delicious. Talk about value for money, this lodge is it.

Room Tip: There is no guide to a good room - they are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank erasmi
Reviewed March 5, 2012

my wife,daughter and i stayed overnight at the Sidegate Guest House after reading the fantastic reviews and were not disappointed .As people have mentioned the attention to detail was first class .the beds were extremely comfy (just like at home). The rooms had everything you would wish for,breakfast was of a very high standard with lots of choise(cereals , fresh fruit salad ,yogurts)of course i had a lovely full english breakfast. Sally and Ritchard were brilliant hostes,couldnt do enough for you.

if you are looking for a home from home in the Ipswich area, LOOK NO FURTHER

Room Tip: we had room A with 3 beds in ,very nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank john b
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our family booked 4 rooms for an overnight stay and we were delighted with everyone of them. The attention to detail was just amazing and it was just like 'home from home'. The food was wonderful, the fresh fruit salad was to die for and the 'black pudding' just melted in the mouth! I Excellent service and I lust need an excuse to go there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky Y
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed in the Ipswich area for work many times and no other comes close to the team at Sidegate Guest House, friendly-very clean and of the best breakfast I have had in 20 years of being on the road.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LighthouseBILL
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed overnight at the Sidegate Guest House due to local business commitments and have to say that I would recommend this establishment to anyone whether they are travelling solo or in a family group. Having previously stayed in the Ipswich area with little satisfaction in the calibre, cost or cleanliness of the B & B's chosen,the Sidegate changed all that as they are clean, tidy, friendly, comfortable and offer an excellent service. I look forward to returning to this area and meeting up with Richard and Sally again in the near future.

Room Tip: All rooms are of excellent quality, I requested a superior double which was provided and lived up to...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqueline02
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Just backing up all of the other reviews. I stayed here as the Holiday Inn I normally stay in was fully booked.
The service was great. Room clean & tidy and breakfast was excellent.
Short taxi ride in to Ipswich Centre.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business