“Valentines night”
Review of Arlingtons

Arlingtons
Ranked #242 of 455 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Arlingtons Brasserie is set in a Grade II listed building, formerly known as the Ipswich Museum Building. The menu is peppered with a combination of French and British dishes, including the likes of steak frites, spiced Scottish salmon fillet, and a slow-cooked free range Duck Breast Confit, Thai style grilled Snapper fillet and Roast Pork Tenderloin medallions and corn-fed chicken supreme chasseur. A range of wines are available to accompany meals, or alternatively customers can dine on cake and coffee with an afternoon tea. Arlingtons Brasserie also offers private dining, conference hire, events and can also make the ideal setting for your wedding reception.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

we were a bit concerned, having booked for valentines and paid a deposit, as there seemed to be a lot of negative reviews. Well all we can say is dont listen to them! Based on our experience ALL the comments just dont ring true.Obviously we know that most restaurants can have good and bad days, but this was not our first visit to Arlingtons and they were very good last time as well. Our meal was superb, the service was spot on, and the atmosphere on the evening was lovely.We would even go so far as to say it was WELL CLASSY! As it was valentines day there was a lady singing backed by a pianist, and it made the whole experience very special.At £25 for 3 delicious courses and with a glass of bubbly on arrival it was excellent value for money.So well done Arlingtons and thanks for a lovely evening, and for all the brownie points i now have from my wife!

3  Thank daveandglynis54

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had dinner with friends on Friday 8th Febuary in evening. Menu choice we did not think very appealing in choice. when starters arrived the soup was cold and had to be returned. The Main courses arrived and we all said they were average, my Fish had no taste at all and batter was soggy. Desert menu was not appealing enough to make us order. we were disapointed as we dined at Arlingtons before must been over a year ago and food was excellent and menu had good choices but something has gone wrong. dont think kitchen could cope with demand last night as there was a Banquet going on downstairs.As for surrounding it is very nice and with the Piano being played was lovely waitress service was good BUT food not good.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We go to Arlingtons fairly regularly, either in the evening with friends and family or just the two of us for lunch. we always find the menu full of choice and at a good price.The Ambience second to non in this beautiful old gallerie building with the staff so very polite and helpful.

5  Thank jamesmeek
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Saw this restaurant on TA, and was impressed with the web-site/menu - free night last night, so gave it a try.
I would love to have given this a 5* rating, as this place certainly has the wow factor - the most impressive restaurant surroundings for miles around - beautiful old galleried building on 3 levels - we had a delightful table in the gallery, not far from the pianist, seated on a purpose built "flying" stage just below us - nice touch.
Liked the menu, and food was very good, although my boeuf bourguignon lacked a little in presentation - delicious though!! My partners sea bream looked stunning.
This should, without any shadow of doubt, be the leading restaurant in Ipswich, by a country mile. However, the service is sadly lacking. I can't believe someone has invested all this money, and not added a couple more youngsters to serve, and invested more in good training.
They seemed to be hopelessly over-busy - not sure if this is just numbers or poor organisation; and they just don't seem to see you - lots of rushing about looking straight ahead. Twice, I had to get up and track down someone to serve us - firstly to get more drinks, and at the end to pay........ I think we would have sat there all night!
I was more disappointed by the above than it actually spoiling our evening. The management here are almost there ..... they have an amazing place. If the service was sorted out, this would be our preferred haunt, and place to bring friends.
I genuinely hope they do, and please give this place a try if you haven't been - spectactular venue. Prices were very reasonable too - another reason why my rating stays high.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We held our belated Christmas office party at Arlingtons last night - enjoying the three-courses for £20 menu.

I have been to many venues where the food disappointed - but certainly NOT the case here. All of the plates were certainly home-made, well presented and filling!

The customer service was excellent - regular checks on the food, drinks etc without being "in your face" despite it being very busy with three parties on the go and several couples dining upstairs.

The venue is delightful - ground floor bar/cafe, restaurant on the 1st and 2nd floor (a gallery with mainly tables for couples). Piano player in the background, fairy lights around the balcony railings . Lovely evening and one I'd happily recommend. I'll be back with my other half for a more intimate meal

2  Thank Denise G