“Great food, excellent sevice”
Review of Cosy Club Ipswich

Cosy Club Ipswich
Ranked #37 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: Quirky, eccentric and playful the Cosy Club offers informal casual dining, drinking and lounging in a homely and family friendly environment.
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Great meal had last Saturday- I had booked a table for an extremely large party of 26. Our waiter was very friendly, attentive and the food pretty much all arrived at the same time which can't have been easy with such a large party. The waiter was also very kind to bring me a free cocktail as it was my birthday which I was not expecting by any means.

We just had a problem when it came to the bill - the first half of the party paid only for their set price per head and not any steak supplements or sides. When the manager James started taking payments for the second half of the party he checked with everyone whether they needed to pay for additional extras, but by the time it got to the end of the bill there was £52 remaining to be paid. With James' help he kindly printed out an itemised copy of the bill to take home and he also confirmed that 2 heads hadn't been paid at all (in addition to the extras).

Unfortunately the tips that had been left on the payments all then got absorbed by the extras that hadn't been paid for - I felt terrible because the service was excellent and with the bill also coming to over £500 I would've absolutely expected to leave a tip.

I would have expected everyone to have worked out what they owed before they paid it however can only assume that they also weren't asked when they went to pay if there were any extras to be settled too. Some feedback for next time is that this should be checked - as mentioned James was asking when he took over and this worked really well.

With the exception of the bill, the service was great and it made for an enjoyable and memorable birthday celebration. Once again, it was a shame that we were unable to leave a tip due to the bill situation but I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Saturday night party of four had really good food and excellent service. Thoroughly good experience in a very nice environment and good value.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Had lunch here recently with a friend, my friend had a sandwich with chips which she liked, I opted for the crayfish tail pasta. It was very greasy and unpleasant. I left it and when the waitress asked if I'd enjoyed it I told her no. She did say she was sorry and would tell the chef. Paid the bill in full but I really don't think I'll eat there again.

1  Thank pet00
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Went as a group of 4 for a birthday. We were given a good table and the evening started well. However, it started to go down hill when were being forgotten. Trying to get the waiting staff attention was hard work. They almost never looked in our direction and as we didn't have one person looking after us there was no personal touch. I didn't even have chance to ask for some candles to be put in my friend's pudding. They took the order and vanished. When we wanted drinks I had to get out of my seat to go and get someone.
The food was nice but two of us are vegetarian and we had very limited choice.
It's a great place to go for a drink or a snack but I won't be eating in the restaurant again. My last visit wasn't good either.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Visited Sunday lunch time with 2 friends and sat behind the bar. Loved the decor and atmosphere of the place however it was sooooo cold! At several points during our visit we had goosebumps. Food wise it was very good and very tasty. Paid £12 for a painini and drink each which was reasonable for the quality. Check which coke you order. We ordered 3 cokes assuming like most restaurants it was the normal coca cola, no one informed us that was cola which tasted awful so we ended up getting it changed. Overall food was very good but some improvements are needed.