“Fantastic! ”

A Passage to India
Ranked #21 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian, Persian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The home of exotic spices BAR AND LOUNGE NEW FIND US ON FACEBOOK , TWITTER EST.1991: THANK YOU TO ALL OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY Welcome to A PASSAGE TO INDIA RESTAURANT , We offer a wide selection of Indian, Bangladeshi, English Cusines and a good selection of fine wines. WE aim to bring you large varieties of eastern and western delights. AUTHENTIC, TRADITIONAL, AND CONTEMPORARY DISHES SERVED IN A COMFORTABLE AND RELAXING SURROUNDINGS, very extensive menu provides the very best cuisines from many regions of famous sub-continents. Is FULLY LICENSED SERVING A WIDE SELECTION OF WINES AND BEERS FRoM EAST to WEST AROUND THE WORLD. We cater for vegetarians and non-vegetarians, NO animal fat is used in our cooking, all chicken dishes use only 100% prime breast. PLEASE NOTE: Some of our dishes contain ALMONDS, SULTANA, *FINEST INGREDIENTS *WE CATER FOR VEGANS AND NON-VEGANS * THE RESTURANT HAS BEED VOTED THE BEST LOCAL RESTURANT OF 2010 /2013 DECEMBER IN THE SPICE TIMES PUBLIC DECIDES VOTE AWARD. THE HOME OF EXOTIC SPICES AT YOUR DOOR STEP!
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We called in on the off chance and were given a table. Friendly helpful staff who did not rush us.. Great menu with good choice. We shared a starter and they split it for us on 2 plates, which we thought was a great touch. I had the chicken tikka and it was fantastic. Partner had mushroom biriani and loved it. Atmosphere great. Would highly recommend. Reasonably priced as well.. Will defo be back

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

This is by the best Indian restaurant I have been to and I have been to many. The food is fresh and cooked beautifully and the staff are so helpful and friendly. We only order and eat Indian with them and always lovely to see their faces. I suffer with ibs and normally cannot stomach Indian well however their food never gives me any problems. Love these guys and their restaurant. :D

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Really friendly staff and quickly found me a table even though I hadn’t booked, this was mid week and quite busy. Staff are happy to explain dishes and make suggestions.
I had a lamb medium dish, it was really nice except the lamb wasn’t quite as tender as I’d have liked, maybe it’s just me or this was a one off. Either way it slightly spoilt an otherwise lovely meal.
This is an interesting old building with low ceilings and adds to the experience, I would definitely recommend and would return when back in town.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in here on off chance we'd get served at 1030pm on a Monday night !!!
Warm welcome and great service throughout....
Lovely food,all freshly cooked.
Offered a brandy at the end which we realised was on the house !!
Why go anywhere else in Ipswich ?!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

So this is an ongoing saga to find a replacement for my once regular Indian Takeaway. The reason for a replacement is that the other one has shut down. But I believe I need to look no more for a replacement. I have found "The One".

I ordered over the phone, and the gentleman on the other end was a chap with very good English. He understood the order immediately and gave us an approximate collection time, which wasn't too long.

When we arrived to the restaurant, we were greeted by a very warm welcoming by the gentlemen there, they escorted us through the restaurant to where the takeaways are collected. Whilst waiting they offered us drinks, which we accepted. As it was a little quiet for them (usual midweek lull), the staff were chatting with us and struck up a good conversation.

Once we received our food, and the customary exchange of money, we were escorted to the front door and seen off with a good evening and a handshake. Such politeness and manners which in this day and age is getting rarer to find.

The food was excellent. You could not complain about the taste, or amount, or quality. Nothing was wrong, and it was really good food. Best I've had since starting my quest for a replacement take out.

I very much look forward to using them again in the very near future. I would urge anyone in the area to give these guys a try. I feel you will be won over like I have.

Date of visit: April 2018