“Family get together which was enhanced by the food. ”
Review of Zaika

Zaika
Ranked #16 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

What a superb curry house, myself, my daughter, my son and his girlfriend were here last night. We had a great experience if Indian food at probably its finest, that’s how good it was even on a busy night. We had paladins for a start and then ordered everything to come out st the same time, quite a challenge I would imagine when your restaurant is full. Zaika special , onion bhajis from the started menu followed by biryani, lamb tikka Ceylon, lamb chilli masala and chicken phall with garlic and coriander nasm and keema naan, saag paneer and Zaika special rice and mushroom rice. Couldn’t fault this place for flavours, heat and service, will definitely be back here soon.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Mick C

Reviewed November 11, 2017

Firstly this review is 100 % genuine.
I have dined here recently and a nice meal.
My main meal was a chicken tikka masala with pillau rice which was nice but not special.
I was given a seat near the door as it was busy but the restaurant seems popular.
Worth a try.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Not often I'm driven to review an establishment twice and to be honest this is the first time. There is truly not a better place to eat in Ipswich Indian wise, there may well be places with better reviews, but these are not all they seem, trust me on that. I visited last Friday evening with my wife and enjoyed a wonderfully cooked Chicken Korai, mushroom rice, garlic and coriander naan bread, one dish shared was more than ample, tasty,and surprisingly spicy for a Korai. 40 quid with a couple of drinks and coffee, not forgetting the complimentry drink.btw, This review wasn't requested by the owner, unlike other places I have recently visited, go figure. Top draw and without reproach.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank ColinR1961
Reviewed November 5, 2017

The first encounter was a bit deceiving. Zaika has two websites, one from the stone ages and one more commercial but half finished. After visitiing another Indian restaurant in Ipswich we had no idea what to expect. But this was quickly turned around. Zaika is, for starters, a nice place with good (not superfluous) decoration. It really is a restaurant. The staff is friendly and attentive and the food is, simply said: good.
We had a lovely onion bahji, a nice chef's special and the mango lassi was one of the best I ever had. The four of us chose, obviously, different dishes and we got a whole ranges of tastes.
Zaika is defintely a restaurant to visit when in Ipswich.

Date of visit: October 2017
4  Thank Frank M
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Quite and small restaurant with very nice variety of dishes and goid seperation of dishes by spice level.
Prucing for two including starters, two main dishes, rice and drinks was around £40

Date of visit: October 2017