“Not up to Costa's standard”
Review of Costa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Costa
Ranked #26 of 52 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Reviewed April 22, 2019

We visited here lunchtime for a quick bite and a drink. The visit started badly when upon ordering a white chocolate we were told the mix had been recalled due to incorrect allergen info. If it's not available cover it up on the menu board!!! My wife's latte was too milky, we were not offered sauces with our toasties and had to ask for sauce, then my toastie had a large inedible vein of fat running through the ham. We sat near the window overlooking the Next car park and upon looking down noticed the area at the foot of the window was very dirty and unclean. All in all not a pleasurable experience and we won't be returning in a hurry.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Why is it that Costa can have 5 staff working and still have poor service? It perplexes me that with that many staff, the queues can be so long?

I now realise that it’s the operating model, because the two Costa’s local to me are exactly the same.

The bottle neck being the single Barista attempting to make every single variable of available coffee type (slowly) from scratch, very frustrating, whilst the other staff take your order with huge impatience, creating a huge backlog!

This place has seating, toilets and free WiFi.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Newinnman
Reviewed September 23, 2018

went there for a coffee and cake yesterday, was shocking , the coffee was watery and took them ages to make, and the banana and pecan cake was dry and had no flavour , not cheap , wont be going back , service also shocking

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We went here on Sunday at 10.15 ish for breakfast. It was just starting to get busy at this time. We got a table however by the time we left it was busy and there were no free tables.

We ordered a small plain hot chocolate, a toaster, panini, muffin and a slice of cake coming to just over £15.

Our hot food was brought to our table. Service was friendly. My drink wasn’t initially out on a play so split everywhere. I had to ask for a fork for the toastie and for napkins. They did happily oblige.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Visited mid Saturday morning with my 6 yr old daughter. The queue was horrendous ans the waiting time was equally as bad. There were very few free tables and the ones that were had dirty cups and plates on. There were no staff clearing the tables. We sat at a table cluttered with dirty cups for nearly 10 mins before i found someone on the cafe floor to ask to clear my table. If you don't have the staff to clear tables then at least have a station so that people can clear the tables themselves.

Date of visit: October 2017