“Cheap but not very good, no real Italian home made cooking here!”

Mamma Rosa Italian Ristorante
Ranked #5 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mamma Rosa is a quaint restaurant set in a Victorian house. The ambience is warm, cosy and intimate. The restaurant is set on 2 floors, the first floor has more space allowing parties to be catered for. Toilets are also located on the first floor. Wheelchairs have access to the ground floor restaurant.
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Cheap but not very good, no real Italian home made cooking here!”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Nothing special about this place, a very old style, dated looking dinning room not very clean, poor service, no knowledge of how the food is prepared, don't serve tagliatelle and when asked the waitress said the cook only buys in a few types of pasta and he has the twirls! not what we expect from a real Italian restaurant, we expect real home made pasta made fresh and how a customer wants their pasta prepared, otherwise may as well go to an English restaurant that all do a few bought in italian style meals, in general its not too expensive and they operate a special set meal deal during set times/days but nothing great or special about the place or the food and the staff don't really understand about the food much either and have a lack of standard waitress skills, would not really recommend unless you like basic cooking and budget meal deals.

1 Thank RAMSEY71

bramhall, cheshire, england
“First visit for my family + I - we were...”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

First visit for my family + I - we were given a shortened menu which in itself was not an issue but I expected the food to be better.
My wife described the food as resembling school dinners but that was harsh - simple and reasonably taste is better description.
Waiter was on another planet - our food kept being offered to the table across from us before arriving on our table.
My pudding was half cooked and was sent back for more work. Overall ok experience but nothing to rave about.

1 Thank cheshire_cat71
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Great food, warm welcome and lovely atmosphere - will go again!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I ate at Mamma Rosa's yesterday with my mum and sister, and we can all recommend it. When I booked, I explained that we were attending the theatre after our meal, and the staff made every effort to serve us promptly without making us feel rushed.

Mamma Rosa's offers a special menu on Sundays - 2 courses for £10. Sometimes I find that the food is sub-standard when there's a deal available, but not here! We chose various pasta dishes followed by homemade desserts (but a ‘starter with main course’ combo is also available for people without a sweet tooth). The portions were generous and the food tasted delicious - as good as more expensive Italian restaurants I’ve dined at in the past. We enjoyed the house white wine too.

The building where the restaurant is located seems to have been a family home in a former life. Don’t let this put you off – the décor is very tasteful inside and it has a cosy but modern ambience. Mamma Rosa’s is just round the corner from Venue Cymru (5-10 mins walk). We found a space on the street outside the restaurant and left the car there when we went on to the theatre.

Will definitely be going back. The £10 menu was a great way to sample what Mamma Rosa's offers. I liked the sound of many dishes on the main menu and can't wait to try them out when we return.

1 Thank JesterJo
Horwich, United Kingdom
“Another superb night at Mamma's!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Mamma's a few days ago. All of the staff were friendly and attentive, the food was perfect, and the desserts were heaven! We were given a bit of extra attention with it being our anniversary, but I wont say more in case it spoils it for others who might want to do the same.

But go along to Mamma's, you're guaranteed a good evening and a superb meal! :)

“We had a lovely anniversary meal at Mama...”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We had a lovely anniversary meal at Mama Rosa's. The bruschetta starter was not as ordered but the staff remedied it quickly. Theain course was lovely. The pasta was cooked to perfection. The thing which impressed us the most was the atmosphere. Very intimate and welcoming. Thank you for a lovely, memorable, anniversary evening