“Lovely, peaceful bit of heaven”

West Shore Beach Cafe
Ranked #25 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

After a lovely stroll from Llandudno town to The west shore we planned it just right for an afternoon snack and after reading so much about this cafe we had to try it. Its definitely a popular place for walkers with plenty of bowls outside for thier dogs. We luckily managed to get a table outside as it was a lovely hot day but inside looked very clean, the staff were all very pleasant. We ordered a burger and chicken & bacon panini which were both served with a side salad & dressing and they were both very tasty and piping hot. The view alone from this lovely cafe is enough to go there but the food just made it even more worth while.
Thanks

1  Thank tianshi666
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi Tian Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to do a review of us. I can't claim that it's always Peaceful, but I really appreciate the sentiment. We're also on the Coastal path so you could get from the cafe all the way to Conwy if you fancied another walk, it takes about 1.5 hrs at a steady pace. We work hard to keep the cafe clean so I'm pleased that you noticed and our 5 star hygiene rating makes us proud. Thanks again for your review, hopefully you'll call again for another panini, sometime soon. Kevin

There are newer reviews for West Shore Beach Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived to get some breakfast, however when we got inside, every table was being used. This did not bother us too much as the beach cafe has ample seating outside, though, as it was a little windy I would have preferred to sit inside. When I was being served the lady understood this without me asking her to, knowing I had a food order, so eating inside would be more comfortable. She went out of her way to ensure that once a table came available she would save it for us.

The food came, large portions and delicious. The atmosphere is friendly, and the views stunning. A real gem. Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank ScarletNaifs

Hi Scarlet
Thanks for your kind words, i'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit. I discuss all the reviews with the team, and I passed on your comments to everybody. It can get windy sometimes as we're open to the elements and we'll always try and help out, I'm pleased you enjoyed your breakfast. Thanks for taking the time to send in a review it's much appreciated.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Another 1st. For the West Shore Beach Cafe. After sampling the scrummy homemade almond slice last week we thought this would be our new favourite for a long time to come, but now you've topped it already with the very best custard tart we've ever tasted !

1  Thank Kate R
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Hi Katie R Thanks for your latest review I'm really pleased you like our Custard Tart, I've told Marie who made it, it's great to get nice comments. So thanks again and for taking the time to review us again. Much appreciated. Kevin

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had lunch on my own this week. It was a nice day so i opted to sit outside, this proved to be a problem being on my own. You have to go into the cafe to order your food I had to leave my bag to secure my place. I stood in line behind 8 other people it took such a long time the lady behind the counter was very slow. You had to join this queue even if you only wanted an ice cream and get the key for the toilet.
You get your drink at the time of ordering and have to wait for the food to be delived. I don't understand why they can't have table service i am sure they would get more custom. Having to go into the cafe would be a problem if you had a dog with you and on your own.
The food was only average as well and pricey

3  Thank enjoyed133
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Hi enjoyed133 - I've read your review of the cafe and obviously I'm disappointed that you weren't happy having visited us - I am a bit confused as to when you visited us as you state you have to queue for the toilet key - which is untrue !! You don't need a key for the toilet - although we did operate that policy last year but not at all this year.

It's difficult to apologise for the way we run the cafe as I can think of a great number of cafes and pubs that operate in the same way - where you order at the counter and your food is delivered to your table.

I understand you felt the service was slow, but you did say you were behind 8 others in the queue - as we are now in the school holidays a lot of orders can be for groups and families, with one person ordering for the whole table, we have 2 people serving during these busy periods, although when your stood alone I realise it can seem lengthy. As for queueing for ice cream we do serve at the window when possible if it's ice creams and drinks that customers are having, but as you stated you had food so it does involve ordering at the counter. You did say the food was average and pricey, but you haven't mentioned what you had, so unfortunately I can neither defend or explain. Thanks Kevin

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Visited for the first time today and was very impressed although the service was a little slow but then anywhere good should have a queue! Lunch excellent,ice cream just right but a little pricy for a beach cafe overall, scone, cream and jam was £3 per scone! I suppose you pay for the view and the quality of the food. Will be back when I've saved up!

2  Thank TheLakesider

Hi Lakesider Thanks for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review our cafe, it really is appreciated. I'm sorry you thought our homemade scone was a little dear - the price for a homemade Scone with butter is £1.60 which I think is reasonable, it's the addition of Jam at 40p and Clotted Cream at £1.00 that has pushed the price up. But your comment inspired me and I've managed to negotiate a better price for clotted cream and we shall pass that on.. which will bring the price down by 25p. I do hope you'll visit us again and thanks again for your comments. Kevin