“back again ....”

Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

dropped by today for a "small Welsh" and coffee on a miserably cold day ... but inside the cafe all was warm and cosy ... I love your cafe, and your view out over the river is second to none

3  Thank cazinatutu
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I've got to agree the views here are amazing, i count myself lucky to be from such a beautiful place. I'm really pleased you like our cafe and you enjoyed your visit. I always pass on rematks to the team as it gives us a lift and spurs us on. So thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We often visit here on our holidays to North Wales. We love West Shore and it's made even better with lunches and afternoon coffees and cakes in this cafe. The food is delicious and good value. The staff are efficient and always have a smile on their face which makes for a warm and relaxed atmosphere. The decor is tasteful and in-keeping with the beachside location. We will continue to return here and recommend it to our family and friends.

3  Thank Suzi866

Thank you so much for your review, some really nice compliments there, which i shall pass on to the team. And i'm pleased you like the decor following the changes we've made we've had lots of nice comments which make the hard work worthwhile. Thanks Again

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stumbled upon this hidden gem on my recent visit to Llandudno! What a treat and well worth a visit. I had the homemade steak and ale pie and it was delicious. Make sure you stop by, you won't be disappointed. Nothing was too much trouble for the polite and attentive staff!!!

4  Thank Dai1981
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you enjoyed the Steak and Ale pie, its made with Welsh beef from Humphreys butchers in Rhos On Sea and Rampart Ale from Conwy brewery, i think the combination is lovely and i'm really pleased you liked it. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After an excellent Rugby win by Wales, it was nice to see a 'special' on the board to celebrate. A home made welsh beef, leek, chilli and potato pasty served with chips and peas - delicious! Excellent value at only £5.45. Followed by lovely mug of coffee and a homemade scone with jam cream. Lovely friendly staff, nothing too much trouble - well worth a visit!!!

3  Thank gadsby55

Ahh that's great, i was inspired after watching the rugby, such a great game, i thought i must mark it in some way. Hence the Dragon Roared Pasty, which i hoped would sell, (we sold out) and i'm so pleased you had one and enjoyed it. The team tasted the first one out of the oven and loved it, so i'm thinking of making them every time Wales win a game. Hopefully quite often. I'm pleased you enjoyed what you had and thought it good value. It's nice comments like yours that make the job more enjoyable. So thanks very much for the review.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Delighted to return for our first visit this season to the West Shore Beach Cafe. Always spoilt for choice by the blackboard menu of home cooked goodies. Enjoyed the white onion and garlic soup with whole grain baguette - delicious and perfect for a cold day. Love the beach hut decoration and friendly and helpful staff. A must whenever we are in the area.

3  Thank sunshinelover978

I'm so pleased you liked the soup, white onion and garlic is one of my favourites too. I noticed you've been before so i'm pleased you decided to return and that you like the new decor. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks so much for reviewing us, it means a lot !!