“'Tasty home - made cakes'”

West Shore Beach Cafe
Ranked #32 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a fruit scone with jam and clotted cream and a coffee. The scone tasted really nice and the coffee was fresh ground. The two items cost £4.60 - am i behind the times or is this expensive! besides the price i cannot fault the quality, service and location.

1  Thank Joanne845
kjr381, Owner at West Shore Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I realise your review was sometime ago, I did want to reply at the time but hadn't actually signed up with tripadvisor so apologies for the delay and I'm now getting up to speed. I'm pleased you enjoyed your coffee and the homemade scone, i noted you thought it was a little expensive, and I've checked to make sure you weren't overcharged. The Coffee and the scone with Jam and butter on its own came to £3.60 which i hope you'll agree isn't overly expensive, the price of Clotted cream on top added £1. I realise the clotted cream is a little expensive, we do like to use the best ingredients and we use cornish clotted cream. I shall however check the prices with our suppliers, and any savings will be passed on to you the customer.

Thanks for taking the time to review our cafe, and for your kind comments. Hopefully we shall see you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Visited last week and we usually ventured on the beach next to the Beach Cafe and parked the car next to it. We didn't go in too many times due to having a dog and the weather being poor but when we did eat all was well. Maybe a little pricey but they can get away with it due to lack of any competition I suppose.
My daughter wanted a sandwich but not the salad that cam with it so they suggested pringles and raisins as an alternative which was nice. Will visit again

2  Thank doggyStockport
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Having recently visited Llandudno again, I was concerned having read the Chloe S review.

The West Shore Beach Cafe has always been one of our must do's when we visit the town.

I should not have worried. The food was as good as always and never could it be described as expensive. The staff were courteous and well trained and the cafe was clean and inviting.

The views are amazing and being next to the sea on a sunny day is a truly wonderful experience.

4  Thank carlsberg89
Reviewed April 10, 2012

On a sunny day there is no where better to go for lunch. We sat out and enjoyed toasted sandwiches and coffee. Nicely presented, good quality. They also do specials and Sunday lunch.

2  Thank CheshireLady
Reviewed April 8, 2012

extremely expensive, poor service, cutlery was dirty, staff werent particularly helpful, cafe looked dirty and unorganised. its about a mile from the main strip.

2  Thank Chloe S