“Maybe a bit lazy out of season?”

Queen Victoria Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had stopped by here for drinks on numerous past occasions and enjoyed the location so we thought we would go for a meal. We had sat outside once in December because we had the dog with us and was told that if we wanted to go inside with the dog, we were more than welcome which is good to know for future.

On first impressions, I don't know whether it was because we had walked there in the rain or not, but we felt it was rather cold inside. The barman/waiter was so friendly though and couldn't do enough for us (even offered the baby a hetch a sketch) so I'm sure if we would have mentioned we were cold, he would have done his utmost to make us feel warm and welcomed.

The menu was large and we chose the same to eat, steak pie with veg and mashed potato - a bit expensive though at £8.99 each. The barman didn't mind that we wanted to wait until the baby had eaten until we ordered and we sat there with drinks uninterrupted.

The place was quiet which was nice (a handful of people at the bar and 2 other couples).

The problem I have is the meal itself. It was disappointing for the price it was and in retrospect I don't know whether it is due to it being out of season and therefore very quiet at the moment that we felt we didn't have fresh veg (frozen and microwaved), potatos or sides to the pie. I'll explain, I judge a pie to be a filling inside a pastry sides and top. This was just a bowl of steak in gravy with a filo pastry lid. Not what I would call a 'pie'.

My veg was cold and hard but we didn't complain due to the barman being so nice and polite. He even brought me more gravy which was welcomed!

All in all, I would go again but I would go in season and choose something else off the menu to see if it my theory is right about the freshness.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a lovely pub, very clean and friendly staff. I had a roast on a Saturday afternoon (specials board) and it was very tasty. Great prices too.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We we here for half term, three generations of our family. We all had the roast beef on the daily menu. Great food great value and great service. The waiter brought my granddaughter an etch and sketch and she loved it. She is 9 and I wondered if this is was going to be OK as it might be too young. She said to me 'wasn't he lovely thinking about me like that'!
Sheila Manchester

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very friendly pub, great atmosphere and nice food. Bar staff were very helpful met some nice people in there, would definetley go there again next time i stay in LLandudno

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We choose this pub after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor but were sorely disappointed. Perhaps we just choose a BAD night! The decor was lovely and the menu comprehensive. However my fish pie consisted of lots of very soggy potato and very little fish. I made no comment about this and followed it with a syrup sponge pudding and custard. The custard had water swimming around it and the sponge was actually burnt in the middle. I reported this to the waitress and she said the chef was sorry "Would I like another one?" I replied no as I had eaten the outside. No refund was offered. Definitely could n't recommend.