“Faultless”

Ranked #22 of 216 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Please call for bookings as we are unable to take bookings online.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

As a family we decided we wanted an Italian meal, and after checking the reviews decided on Valentino's, we were not disappointed, our hard to please children enjoyed three courses, while my wife and myself were spoilt for choice we enjoyed two excellent courses and a bottle of wine, the freshly prepared food came piping hot and served by attentive staff, in a pleasent atmosphere. All our choices represented excellent value for money. We cannot wait for our next visit to Llandudno, when we shall certainly visit Valentino's again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and myself haven't visited an Italian restaurant for several years and decided for a change we would visit one in our hometown of Llandudno, we have a choice of four and plucked out valentino's. We reserved a table and arrived at the arranged time, we were seated quickly and our order for drinks taken we were then left to browse the menu with no rush or a waitress hovering over you. We ordered our starters, breaded mushrooms and garlic bread with mozzarella cheese which came after about 10 minutes and was piping hot, my wife ordered steak in red wine sauce which was done to perfection I ordered breast of chicken in a garlic sauce with bacon and mushrooms, very very tasty, I would recommend both these beautiful dishes.
The staff were very pleasant and friendly and we were not rushed at any point.
The restaurant is not that big but you are not cramped up to the next table but it still felt intimate.
All in all we really enjoyed it .
The only little drawback is the stairs up to the restaurant are quite steep and you would struggle with a pushchair or if you were disabled.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went to Valentino ristorante on 5/1/2014 this was the first time to this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised the food was fresh and hot and not microwaved staff very good

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for our Wedding Anniversary expecting a romantic meal for 2.
The waitresses were very efficient and friendly.
The atmosphere was pleasant with other couples and families.
I ordered beef stroganoff and my husband had chicken in a garlic sauce.
Both meals when they came were microwaved to an inch of their lives. So much for romance we had our mouths burnt to a crisp. It was awful. I watched food coming out to other people in the same boiling state. By the time the food had cooled down it was tasteless.
The worst thing was watching a little boy get a pizza and the cheese burnt his mouth and he spat it out.
Our anniversary spoilt. I could have cooked better myself :(
I did complain but I'm pretty sure that the waitress has heard it before.

1  Thank TheCedars09
manf38a, Owner at Valentino Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your evening. We will do our best not too make our plates so hot. But our food is not microwaved!!!! And the family you spoke of actually enjoyed their meal and had no such problems, they told me so when they chatted with me as they paid. For you to second guess this is very unfair!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I love Valentino's and had many enjoyable meals there years ago when I was a more frequent visitor to Llandudno, so was delighted to find it still in business and little changed on my recent visit.

Staff are very friendly, efficient, attentive and helpful, and the food is delicious. I had gnocchi with vegetables, tomato sauce and a cheese topping and my partner had penne with ham and peas. We both enjoyed our meals and found them very filling - so unfortunately we couldn't find room for a dessert, though there was a very tempting homemade pear torte on the specials board that we both fancied.

I do hope Valentino's continues to thrive and will be there on a my future trips to Llandudno!