“Good service and tasty food”

Casanova Italian Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Darlaston, null, United Kingdom
“Good service and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

It was a busy Saturday night in Llandudno and we had to ring 4 restaurants before we could make a reservation. This was our first visit to Casanova.

There were quite a few diners already enjoying their food when we arrived, but by the time we finished our meal, the place was full - a mixed clientele, though it seemed to have a special appeal to younger customers.

We both enjoyed our meals - beef lasagne and spinach filled pancakes, accompanied by a very palatable glass of rosé.

For desert we both chose one named after the restaurant, which was an enormous sundae of ice cream black cherries, cream and chocolate. I would say that in comparison to the extensive choice of mains and starters, the dessert menu was a little unimaginative, though this certainly wouldn't put us off going again.

Service was very efficient and friendly and we never had to wait long even as the restaurant became busier.

Visited November 2013

Conwy, United Kingdom
“Fungi fritti are a must”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for about the last 25 years and can't ever remember the decor or menu changing. It's classic though and it's nice that it hasn't altered.
The fungi fritti (deep fried whole mushrooms) were great- really nice and fresh and good quality.
The mains were good too and were just the right size.
The tables are a little close together.
The service wasn't great though- it was our waiter's first night and you could tell, the other staff tried to make up for it. It's always a pity when you have to ask for black pepper and a dressing for the salad.
But overall a nice meal.
They open early (we went at 6pm and there were already lots of tables occupied) which is good if you have somewhere else to go to afterwards.

• Visited November 2013
North Wales
“The umpteenth time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've been returning to this restaurant for years now and have celebrated special birthdays, graduation and even a hen party here. The owners are lovely and always so accommodating, letting us decorate the table with confetti, balloons etc. Personally I think the food is delicious, the Pollo Rustico being my favourite! The owners recognise our faces now and always make a special effort to say hello. Sometimes it's been very busy and some times there's only been one other table in there. I think some of these bad reviews have caught them during very busy periods by the sounds of it, we can't fault the place anyway!

• Visited September 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“great end to the day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

food was good apart from the big blob my mother got on her plate. the portion sizes could also be dramatically improved as I hadn't eaten anything in a long time and was still hungry when I left. service was also slow and look about 45 minutes for a piece of bread with some tomatoes on top to get to our table. basically, portions could be improved and service as well.

• Visited August 2013
Wales
“Terrible Italian.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Have only just got back from this restaurant and felt compelled to write this review straight away.
I had the Italian meats for my starter. There was not a bottle of olive oil in sight, which you would expect on the table at every Italian along with some balsamic vinegar. I asked for this balsamic vinegar and I was given normal malt vinegar by the waiter. He obviously does not eat out much or know anything about Italian food. I couldn't be bothered trying to explain to him that it was wrong.
So my meats were just okay but very dry.
I noticed that every other table had breadsticks on them apart from ours.
Onto the main.... My tortellini was fine, but I was not offered (as you would expect at an Italian) any Parmesan to go on top or any fresh black pepper. Again, I couldn't be bothered trying to holler someone down. The place was heaving and i don't know why! i noticed that some of the staff who were working along the other side of the restaurant were much more efficient than our waiter was!!
I must also mention that my friend had a carbonara and half an hour later she vomited. I wonder what they are getting away with in their kitchen??
Never will I go here again unless it changes hands. I have eaten at many many different places and this place is terrible. Avoid!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013