“The Whitehouse was the Righthouse”

The Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #132 of 144 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The Whitehouse was the Righthouse”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Situated in a great location, the Whitehouse offers excellent value for money. We received a warm welcome upon arrival and found the hotel to be well run. All staff were friendly and efficient. Meals were spot on and entertainment every night was a bonus. Rooms a little dated but can't fault the housekeeping. Would definately choose the Whitehouse again on our next visit to Wales. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for finding the time to write a review.We are making great efforts in refurbishing the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Shrewsbury
Reviewed July 11, 2010

From owner Jackie, to waiter Mick, everyone friendly and welcoming.
We were perhaps lucky getting a front room with sea view ,but this was completely by chance and not by request. It was pleasant,clean and as described in adverts.The beds were spotless and comfy.The en suite was dated ,but again clean and stocked with clean towels etc.
The meals were really nice and adequate, giving, we thought, very good value for the money.
When it became known it was our Golden wedding (we dont know how), Jackie gave us a lovely gesture of a bottle of wine with our evening meal. We were well impressed.
I will say it again, very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for your review, looking forward to welcoming you back on your next anniversary.

Travelers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

Brodie Country
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Just spent five days at this hotel through Glenton Travel. First time I have been in Wales. The hotel has perfect location on front. Although exterior is quite old fashioned, I feel this adds a bit character to the place. The dining room, reception and ballroom are all very welcoming. Our room on 1st floor was very clean, twin beds and I think this room had been upgraded. The toilet/bathroom in green (unfortunately no shower) was very clean and the washbasin in the bedroom, keeping in character to the old style building. The staff were all very helpful and this is a well run hotel. Entertainment was provided each evening, which was adequate but not out of this world!!. I had my parents with us and all four of us had a truly lovely week. Paul good luck for the future. When you get the place up and running to the way you want it, I hope you have a thriving business. I am just sorry I did not get to meet your wife, I believe she is a reall character. All the Best, Joyce Clark (Room 105)

• Stayed June 2010
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Hi Joyce what a wonderful week we all had, the great weather also helped. We are going from strength to strength because of the continuing support of guest like yourselves and the coach operators we work with. I can certainly sense people are enjoying the changes we have made and will continue to make. We have just had our first harvest out of the newly planted herb garden and continue to refurbish the hotel inside and out. I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you will get to meet the better half on your next visit.
Cardiff
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Stayed for three nights recently as part of a Leisuretime (South Wales) coach tour. The Whitehouse is a typical seaside hotel catering mainly for pensioners. My single room had a comfortable bed, a spacious bathroom area, (no shower however!), and adequate tea/coffee making facilities. The Tv, however was an antique only able to receive BBC1 and Sky News, unnacceptable these days! Food was tasty and of adequate quanities.
However, my overall impression was of a tired,dated hotel in ineed of major refurbishment, (the carpet in my bedroom had holes through wear and the seat of the chair was soiled). Still, on the whole, I'd call my stay a value for money experience and would stay there again for a short period

• Stayed June 2010
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are refurbishing the hotel and come a long way in only our second season. Almost all of the rooms have freeview access to over 40 channels for free. Without doubt we offer fantastic value for money and the perfect location to enjoy the seaside and to explore the rest of NorthWales. We have a constant stream of guests from South Wales who like yourself find the White House great value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
WALES
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with a party. Allocation of room and key was well organised and efficient and as promised our bags arrived at our room some five miniutes later (more than can be said for the Celtic Mannor in Newport which is supposed to be five star and then gave us the pass key to someone else's room and they were in bed when we let ourselves in!!! But thats another story.)

Staff friendly, helpfull, pleasent and polite, even finding us a table with a sea view when we asked. Bed sheets were spotless as were the towels and the rooms newly painted.

Entertainment was provided the three nights we stayed (which I didnt expect for the price) Bar reasonably priced. Plenty of tea, coffee and toast with your cooked breakfast. Didn't feel hungry after breakfast (so much so we didn't need to buy lunch) Waitting staff efficient and pleasent. All food edible and adequate for price involved. And thats the key here - the price involved. For thirty - forty pounds a night you get dinner, bed and breakfast plus entertainment. You are not going to get frills and a La carte menu (I realy don't know how they provide as much as they do at that price)

All in all excellent value for money. I've stayed in better but I've paid for it and I've also stayed in a lot worse believe me!

Bad points.for me... very few realy...no shower, no valance on the beds, and the menu is quite structured.

Well done guys a good result , Your outstanding! - a lovely holiday and Llandudno is beautiful. Thank you for the wondertul welcome. I've even recomended you to my daughter and her boyfriend as it will suit their budget. Eve

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank eve_vie
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the recommendation to your daughter. We have just started to add valances to our beds and I can’t believe the transformation it makes to a room. Like everything at the hotel we are changing things gradually but one thing is certain we offer great value. Thanks and hopefully we will also see you back again soon.
cheshire
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel is very old and needs alot of work and modenization.
The bonus is the friendliness of the lady owner and her staff.... she told us her hubby had left her too it and she did a great job.
She was like a red coat at butlins getting everyone together for a laugh.
Her waiter needed a pat on the back for his friendliness and the way that man could balance dinners on two hands was amazing.
I wish the owners all the very best in their updating of the place

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Apex9, Owner at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for your kind review, I am glad to know that things go well even with Jackie in charge. I look forward to personally welcoming you back and I have told our waiter Adam about your remarks, hopefully he won’t expect a pay rise.
Cheshire
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We booked last minute on Good Friday morning, the staff were very helpful, finding a double room with sea view. The room was basic but adequate. The hotel is undergoing refurbishment . The entertainment was good on both nights, we found the staff very helpful, friendly and efficient, and the food excellent. A good sensibly priced hotel we will be returning to.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Apex9, proprietor at The Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thanks for a great review. I look forward to seeing you back again. We have tried to develop our service and facilites around creating a great atmosphere, good company and great value for money.