“Hated Watkins love poolside”
Review of Watkins Restaurant

Watkins Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 216 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Watkins Co restaurant in Llandudno is an equation that comes out right every time. Take an award-winning restaurant, set it in one of Llandudno���s top hotels, create an historic Victorian dining stuffed with formal elegance, add in an inventive chef with a dab hand at classic favourites and it���s elementary -- Watkins is a hit. Half the menu is seasonal, locally-sourced a la carte deliciousness, while the other half is a daily-changing table d���hote menu offering excellent value. People love the home-made lasagne and the daily roast, but we recommend the more inventive creations, too. Watkins Co���s service, impressive children���s menu and a pocket-friendly wine list get top marks.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After our awful visit to Watkins last year we decided to go back to the poolside restaurant. As usual the food was very good, the atmosphere bubbling (several parties there that night) and the service efficient without being intrusive. The value for money is exceptional given that wine is included in the price for the 3 course meal (and its quite a pleasant fruity wine - not the usual paint stripper that usually accompanies set menus. I'll no doubt be back when we visit later in the year.

1  Thank twiggyrex

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This time we ate poolside and was not disappointed.The food is every bit as good as Watkins but just slightly less choice and a course less.Excellent value for money.Staff very attentive and friendly.Look forward to our return.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Recently had a reunion with 4 colleagues, we had a lovely table overlooking the pool, could not believe the value £17.95 for dinner - starter, main course, dessert, carafe of wine plus tea or coffee, the staff were pleasant with excellent service and the food very good for the price, you could not go wrong there was a good selection on the menu. Such a shame that I live 390+ miles away, will definately visit on the return to North Wales.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I usually don't write reviews on restaurants, mainly because they are all the same but the meal I just had in this restaurant was exceptional.
I live in Llandudno and myself, my brother and mother went for mother's day. We arrived at 6.25 and were asked to wait in the bar until the restaurant opened. We had a drink each which was not overly expensive and were soon greeted by the maitre'd with a set of menu's. I liked this touch as it showed they were organised. She returned to take our orders around 10 minutes later. We then made our way to the restaurant and the first course arrived within 15 minutes.
The service was exceptional, very professional and courteous from the reception staff to the waiters. They lit a candle on the table as we arrived and our wine was already there waiting for us. They filled our glasses with water immediately and kept a watchful eye over us throughout-bear in mind it was busy also.
The food:we each had a four course meal and every dish was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. My salmon,prawn and crab cake was lovely (although the dressing was very vinegary). The leek and potato soup was seasoned perfectly. My lamb shank main was cooked to perfection and the meat fell of the bone, the jus complimented it very well. My brother ordered a steak medium which was cooked PROPERLY. The puddings were just as incredible.
All in all an excellent experience. The decor and ambiance made the night special and £21.95 for a 4 course meal and coffee was well worth it in my eyes.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

6 of us went on 18/3/14 we had the 4 course menu which was very resonably priced, there was a good choice for each course and all the food was presented and cooked perfectly.
The staff at the hotel and restaurant can't do enough for you and are very helpful.
Would definatly go back again.