“Seahorse - Fish restaurant”

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cardiff
“Seahorse - Fish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I enjoyed a lovely meal for two here with my girlfriend, The fish was fresh and well cooked. The staff were very friendly and laid back. The decor was not the most modern but i think in some ways it fitted with the image of the place. Generally a very good dining experience but it was priced at a level too match that. Would go again and would recommend anyone giving ita try.

Melbourne, Australia
“Memorable dining experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

Reasonably priced set menu featuring fresh fish often caught that day by the chef himself. Stay later in the evening and meet the chef -- he loves to chat about the food and life in Llandudno. He’s English, but having sampled his wonderful cooking, you will forgive him that one fault!

1 Thank GTHammer
Surrey
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

We regularly stay in Llandudno and almost every time we book into The Seahorse for dinner. As it is a seafood restaurant we always try and opt for the fish dishes. The haddock chowder is delicious and so is the fish pie. The vegetables are always cooked to perfection and the portions generous.(Usually a selection of 5 or 6) Puddings are home made and delicious and the wine list is comprehensive without being pricey. There is a choice of the restaurant upstairs, or the bistro style downstairs, both serve the same menu. Excellent food and excellent value.

1 Thank Susan H
High Wycombe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Outstanding Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

I booked this restaurant for a business dinner for 30 people, having tried it first on my own. The quality of the food and the service was oustanding on both occasions. My dinner party guests asked me the next day when I was going to write the Good Restaurant Guide, as they were so impressed.
The Seahorse also provides excellent value for money. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank PJSOCD
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Llandudno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

I have a Guest House in Llandudno and whenever we have a night off (very seldom) we go to The Seahorse. As a pretty good cook and a Gourmand myself, whenever I eat out I want food that is as least as good as I can make - preferably better, and I can honestly say that The Seahorse ticks all of the boxes.

Don and Gill are first-rate hosts and all of the staff are very well trained.
The food is of a very high standard (I especially like the Thai beef starter), and the fish fresh, very well prepared and flavoursome.
All this for an exceptional fixed price - much cheaper that you would expect to pay in some of the big city restaurants.

We always recommend it to our guests as our first choice in Llandudno for quality food and service at an affordable price.

1 Thank JBWales